Dear BoS (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I'm considering transferring to BEng(Software)/BComm, but the issue is that I have no idea what the difference majors lead to, so here's the deal:
1. I want to do one major in economics, and I need a second major.
2. I don't want an accountancy job or similar.
3. So I suppose that leaves finance, marketing or management. Can someone who's doing those explain to me what the courses are like, what the assessments are, etc, as well as the job opportunities, in particular those where having the engineering degree would put me at an advantage.

Thanks all <3

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Finance. Work on real time trading systems etc. Earn big bux on wall street. Engineering will give a good quantitative basis that firms will like, especially for things like structuring.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
For someone such as yourself who is sound in mathematics, I'd suggest Actuarial studies (does USyd offer this?) or Econometrics, as someone else has suggested - lucrative jobs in financial modelling etc

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Marketing is more the 'arts' of business. Well, it's more of a social science. Whilst it involves numbers, analytical thinking, and all that jazz, what it comes down to is an understanding of how people think and how you can affect their attitudes and beliefs. I personally think that ecmt/finance, etc would suit you more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)