DDR Problem =/ (1 Viewer)

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
In the wake of my addiction to DDR, I haphazardly ordered 2 Ignition ddr mats along with DDR Extreme Mix from www.gamesasylum.com - which is a US based company. Now I did this after not being able to find good mats and the game around my area...but I just realised after ordering that the DDR CD they send me would be the US version for PS2, and I have the Australian PS2.

So er, would the game work on my PS2? If it doesn't, are there any ways to make it work?

Thanksz.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A

Thread Closed.

(Just kidding, I thought that was very witty).

I'd actually contact the people who you bought the merchandise from and ask.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Chipping your ps2 to be able to handle it might be a possibility, but having said that, the PSX had major issues crossing over from the NTSC releases > PAL releases (unofficial releases in PAL sections) and there were various timing problems. Don't know if this is the same with the ps2, or if the chip can fix that, but best bet would be to contact them and see if you can arrange for a replacement.

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
AsyLum said:
Chipping your ps2 to be able to handle it might be a possibility, but having said that, the PSX had major issues crossing over from the NTSC releases > PAL releases (unofficial releases in PAL sections) and there were various timing problems. Don't know if this is the same with the ps2, or if the chip can fix that, but best bet would be to contact them and see if you can arrange for a replacement.
Yea I contacted them and they basically said to return the game and they'll return the credit of the game back to my card.

I looked around various shops like EB/Dicksmiths/Myers etc and none of them seem to have it. Does anyone know of a place in Sydney to buy/order it?

Or does anyone have a copy they don't want and want to sell it to me? :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
D_A said:
Yea I contacted them and they basically said to return the game and they'll return the credit of the game back to my card.

I looked around various shops like EB/Dicksmiths/Myers etc and none of them seem to have it. Does anyone know of a place in Sydney to buy/order it?

Or does anyone have a copy they don't want and want to sell it to me? :D
Try chinatown, but my guess is that they're imported copies as well (most likely from Japan)
I doubt they make PAL versions of DDR games, so your only option is to modchip your PS2 to a japanese one.

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
Ahh ok...lol this sounds so n00bish but uh where can I get my ps2 modded and around how much should it cost?

Thanks

funniboi

HSC
i dont think it's actually 'legal' to chip your ps2...

or is it ?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I think it may be. Modding the Xbox is legal (Microsoft even have an Xbox Media Centre OS), but it's illegal to play copied games, et cetera on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)