Day One of the fitness madness... (1 Viewer)

thatjazz

HSC
Has anyone else had an experience where, through rehearsing IP and GP they've come to realise just how incredibly unfit you really are?

It happened to me yesterday - new fitness regime starts today - going to very, very sore tomorrow. Fucken drama!

kimmi06

HSC
haha yeh actually. my group performance is really energetic and we do a bit of clowning as well as this weird dancing ritual thing. since I'm one of the lightest I have to get thrown about in the air and everything, but I still was so puffed out and tired! it sucks! definately heading to the gym tomorrow...

thatjazz

HSC
Just to put this into perspective. I haven't exercised (except walking around school) in several years. No joke; I'm quite thin but I eat hysterically large quantaties of shit so I think I have God's metabolism.

Today, I spent an hour playing soccer with the girls, plus jogging, plus being taught stretches, plus several pushups...every muscle is aching...

Ah well! We make sacrifices for our art!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i know how you feel guys...i used to be the most flexible person i knew a few years ago...and last week to my horror i discover i cant do handstands anymore, and it hurts to touch my toes! :eek: NOT cool!!! i've resolved to do at least an hour of strength and flexibility training a day until i'm back where i used to be *shame*...im gonna practice falling and rolling without getting bruised as well - im the lightest person in my GP group so whenever we want to try out a movement idea im the one who gets to be picked up, thrown around etc. it's mad fun but also ouuuuch, lol...

thatjazz

HSC
Your group piece is sounding very physical, which is great!

Ours isn't necessarily physical in the sense that we are throwing one another around (well, not onstage anyway!) but it is very quick in terms of pace and has a very hectic feel to it. Hopefully we are able to sustain this energy for the next 4 months!

thatjazz

HSC
Oh, and one other thing -

If anyone else out there is listening, just let me say that exercising with your group is a really great way to bond. I recommend it!

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
i totally agree with you that jazz
good bonding must pick that up wiht my group and well i have no idea if its that physicall as stated above.
we should try but in my books i thkn we do enough like piggy backs and boddy movements as one ............................
even if its not in the group g p haha humph

kimmi06

HSC
SPEAKING of fitness madness and physical exercise, I've been out of action for about 2 weeks now. I was standing on a gym mat and a guy in my group decided to pull it out from beneath me, sending me FLYING about 4 metres away! Pulled all my neck, shoulder and back muscles, and haven't been able to do anything except lay down for the past weeks, hence no real group work has been done. I had to fill out an accident report and everything! not happy at all. bloody drama.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)