• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

David Jones (1 Viewer)

a little lost

relationships pfft
How do u apply for Jobs at David Jones. Is it in store or at their website cause i couldn't find the option to apply at their website?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
The best thing to do would probably go into the store - it shows that you are egar and that you go out of your way to travel to get this job.

Ask at the counter (l'm sure any counter would do) and ask where you can pick up an application form. Photocopy it about three times. Fill it out and return it A.S.A.P. If you don't get the job for 3-6 months, take in another application after this time and it shows that you are keen.

Good Luck!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i applied for a job early this year, said they will call but they never did

now i got a job with coles myer (kmart) and its all good :)
coles myer get a higher pay coz of unions :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
instore i think, i went in but they had just finished recruiting christmas casuals. try now, or in a few weeks.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
yeah u just go in, and fill in an application form.
That sucks though...
You usually don't get a response like that :(

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dash
That sucks though...
You usually don't get a response like that :(
yeah i know...
and i hate the APPLY BY WEB thing for coles Myer and BigW. True they depend more on computers now, :rolleyes:, but it seems that they never contact you back.:mad: :mad1:

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
i applied by web they didnt call me
call them and ask why. maybe you weren't flexible enough?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
would it be a bad idea to work for grace bros and david jones at the same time?

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
you know how they hired for christmas casuals will they hire new ppl for the half -yearly sales too or just keep the christmas ones?

= Jennifer =

HSC
now is the wrong time to be looking for a job as companies still have plenty of staff from christmas and the staff they dont want they will ask them to leave around march a good time is to look aroud june-sept when the mid year sales are on and they are training staff for christmas ;)

David27

All male employees at DJ's are Gay. Make sure you put that on your resume. You're sure to get in!

David27

No, but from observation & the original owners, one of the brothers, was gay, and it seems company policy is favourable to gay men.

rubylotus11

Yeah I want to work at DJ's but it is sort of unclear how you get a job. Anyone actually work there please give some advice on how to work there. Do we go up to a sales assistant or is there a head office somewhere else? Thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i asked a store, and they sent me to the main office, should be near the customer service area. if you go to the customer service area, ask them where to go. and if you can't find that area, ask someone who works there and they will direact you

rubylotus11

Thanks. Did you end up getting the job, or did you have to fill out an application form? It seems that DJ's is different from Grace Bros and wouldn't have like group training, but maybe it has changed.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
me? this was just before christmas, so they told me to come back later as they had just recruited. i think i should go back now. the good thing about djs is they don't hire under 18s, so you won't be replaced by a 15yo who gets paid less

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)