Dave's guide to Bangkok, Singapore and Hong Kong (1 Viewer)

dave_119

Banned
HSC
Wile it is overcrowded and smells bad (which on your 1st day can make you sick) i found it rather good.. really nice people and great atmosphere at night... one of the most amazing things i saw in Bangkok was the overcrowded powerlines, and when it rains it sparks like crazy...

there are many nice parks around the city and many buddist monuments... i was in bangkok just after the tsunami and all though i was a couple of hundred kms away from Puhket, they were really gald to see tourists coming back to their country

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
dave_119 said:
omg, this is gunna get out of control... McLake has started a craze
Woot!

[The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.]

fatmuscle

HSC
Hong Kong is awesome.

You should all go there during sales times and buy yourself nice suits. Eat lots. Buy lots of computer stuff :D

Singapore is HOT. if you suffer from hot and humid weather, it is not advisable to go.
but the food is great.

Bangkok - if you are caucasian, stay clear of the 'women'

IceBreaker

HSC
i agree man, stay away from the prostitute's....you dont want to catch aids.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
No no no. He said 'women'. Thailand has a sizeable population of people who have undergone sex changes

fatmuscle

HSC
yeah, don't worry. it's quite simple to tell.
If they start speaking to you in a tone that matches yours... RUN!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Singapore's awesome for shopping!! :) :)

but man, once you are there, you've really got to watch out for your waistline!!

the food's heaps cheap and you seem to be able to eat forever (coz it's clean so it doesn't make you sick). and you don't really need to put moisturiser coz it's soooo hot and so humid. that's for me anywayz. Sentosa is beautiful and make sure you go to Dolphin Lagoon to take picture with Pink Dolphin, oh well it's only SG$10!!! and you get to touch the dolphin :) :) :) make sure that you wear shorts though! coz you need to go into the water.

on contrary, HK made me sick for the two weeks that i was there. As much as i want to eat all the stuff that they have there, i just couldn't :( nevertheless, shopping is good but i seem to be able to get more clothes in Singapore than in HK.

haven't been to Bangkok though :(

Last edited:

dave_119

Banned
HSC
i loved hong kong and singapore.. both good for bargains and the people r really friendly... both are cheap and have great food...

santosa was good, if anyone goes there in the future, go to the Asia Bar, its adjacent to Raffles the Plaza hotel and shopoing centre, great viwes of the whole island etc....

Hong Kong was great i went and saw the massive statue of Buddha and went to stanley edinburgh etc. the peak was awesome as well, really great views, of the city... really does look like a concrete jungle

HSC
do heaps of aussies go

like i wanna go on a holiday 2 an exotic destination where there are heaps of westerners 2, so i still kinda feel comfortable

kinda like the movie 'the beach'

HSC
hey nat how u doin - ur like neva on msn nemore......hope i havnt bin blockd no1 blocks me

how mcuh do u rekon u wud need 2 spend a day 2 liv well over there? in vietnam u can liv like a king for $AUD20 apparently

pungpui

HSC
yea thats coz theres soooooo many bloody flights there, so many packages there, and its the major stop on the way to london. and wit singapore airlines stopover packages @ dirt cheap prices, its a joke! Seriously walking on the road, hearing an aussie accent is like second nature of there!

man singapore is great for shopping, i stayed at Le Meridien on Orchard Rd, omg man bring on Takashimaya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)