Dave Pelzer - My Story (a Child Called It, The Lost Boy, A Man Named Dave) (1 Viewer)

Ashleet

HSC
i have to say these are some of the most moving , memerable, thought provoking texts i have ever read. Dave Pelzer tells the story of his abusive childhood (he was the 3rd worst case of child abuse recorded in his state) and how times have changed regarding social structure and the views and opinions of society as well as law and the people who govern it. I got this book for christmas and couldnt put it down. The story line written in three various stages of his life is written in the language used by the age group discussed creating an easy flowing and easily understandable themematic structure that can be read on a wide variety of levels. TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I read those books last year, they're good!

Very easy to read, but that's part of what makes them so good. I think that a lot of books about child abuse and it's aftermath are made too hard to read, but his memoirs were straight out and easy to understand.
I was appalled at how he was treated not just by his mother, but by some people who thought that he'd betrayed his family by admitting what had happened.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i bought this for $10 in hard cover the other day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just finished the first one "a child called it" and i cried so much throughout the entire novel....
hope the other 2 are just as good

rubylotus11

I heard of this man and the horror he faced as a child. It is so heartbreaking, I look forward to reading "A Child called it" and his other books.

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh My God!! Dave Pelzer's books are extremely moving, and sad. I cried all through the three books, and cried the most in the first book.

I strongly recommend those books!

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i started reading the trilogy last christmas holidays. i got through the first book and started on the second, and for some reason stopped reading. i found the book just the other day and decided to start from the beginning again and its so horrible what he goes through.. but so far its good and im going to make myself read the whole thing this time.

lazybum

HSC
N/A
I think i've read - a child called it - someone refill me on it again?

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
his mother is a crazy woman and treats him terribly. eg im up to the part where she holds his arm over a lit stove and burns him.

Melanie Jane

I've read A Child Called It and found it to be absolutely compelling and horrifying at the same time. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)