• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Damn Federer, his too gud (1 Viewer)

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
DAmn it,

tennis sux atm, cause federer is nearly perfect tennis playa

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
federrer is just awesome to watch ...
his just unbeatable right now ...

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Federer is awesome, reminds me of Pete Sampras when he was in his prime. He has the complete game, and he is also a good tactician as he can change his game plan on the run.

GOOOO Federer!!!!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
federer is ok i guess.... there just aren't many other good players right now. hewitt and roddick? :rolleyes:

and the young'uns haven't grown up yet.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
meh, hewitt, rodick and co are good, just not up to federer. who is one most talented ever. Not unbeatable tho...go agrasive on him aka safin did in the master's cup is probably the best way

budj

HSC
Far out i can watch feder's stroke play forever. Its poerty in motion, specially his back hand shots

TruthIsOutThere

HSC
The current crop of young players are not that great, Hewitt and Roddick are certainly good players (naturally physically talented) but they are one-dimensional players, they can only play the same game throughout the match. Whereas, Federer is an all-rounder that can change his game during the match to target his opponent's weakness. He plays tennis with his brain.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
TruthIsOutThere said:
The current crop of young players are not that great, Hewitt and Roddick are certainly good players (naturally physically talented) but they are one-dimensional players, they can only play the same game throughout the match. Whereas, Federer is an all-rounder that can change his game during the match to target his opponent's weakness. He plays tennis with his brain.
I recon hewitt play pretty smart tennis...cos lets face it, he s not that talented :eek:

Pace Setter

TruthIsOutThere said:
I reckon he's going to take a dip fairly soon. Great brain definitely. He strikes me as a player who's strength is learning quickly from mistakes-a trait that's dangerous when you're already no.1. But regardless of how good he is, nobody's exempt from getting a touch complacent once they play near or at what they think is their best tennis. I say watch out for a few upsets against him soon.

crono

HSC
i reckon the only player that has the potential to beat Federer is Rafael Nadal. Nadal hasnt shown great form but he has a good all rounded game (Yes, including volleying)

budj

HSC
Wow, i'd like to see this guy in action against federer

SipSip

HSC
N/A
No argument about federer being an absolutely great tennis player...

But to be honest...i think he lacks character and charisma... I would choose to watch ruddock over him any day...sorry for saying that to all federer fans, but ruddock is just more exciting to watch...

TruthIsOutThere

HSC
SipSip said:
No argument about federer being an absolutely great tennis player...

But to be honest...i think he lacks character and charisma... I would choose to watch ruddock over him any day...sorry for saying that to all federer fans, but ruddock is just more exciting to watch...
It is always up to the individual what he/she prefers watching. Federer and Roddick play different types of game and appeal to different types of viewers.

Federer plays a near flawless game, every point is well-constructed, calculated. He is an all-rounder and because he is so good, he beats everyone with ease and the matches lack entertainment 'coz there's no match at all. This is similar to Pete Sampras' glory days, everybody hates watching him play coz he is just so unbeatable.

Roddick offers viewers big serves, cracking strokes (like the frequent dunking of the basketball in the NBA), entertaining stuff. But there is no doubt who the better player is. When they play against each other, there're no more aces, no more slam dunk overhead smashes, but Federer pulling tricks out of his pocket.

HSC
Nadal is a freak and its been common knowledge for several years that he will be number 1 some day. Definitely will become the best claycourter and will compete with the best in the world on all surfaces, even looked promising on grass.

Marat Safin is as talented as Federer. Hopefully Roger's old coach can help Marat get his head together so the guy can finally fulfill his potential. Safin is God.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
Nadal is a freak and its been common knowledge for several years that he will be number 1 some day. Definitely will become the best claycourter and will compete with the best in the world on all surfaces, even looked promising on grass.

Marat Safin is as talented as Federer. Hopefully Roger's old coach can help Marat get his head together so the guy can finally fulfill his potential. Safin is God.
i disagree, radal ain't that good, his tennis just looks good. But he doesn't play a smart game. This shown by his less than impressive year this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)