damn competition in a competitive school (1 Viewer)

Vinniejaa

I want to end up getting 99.50 and I go to North Sydney Boys High which is a pretty good school. I end up getting average of 90% raw in my assessments (maths around 94). the problem is that i still end up coming 10- 15. does this mean i will be scaled down and will not be able to get 99.50

feltonw

Old member
HSC
erhhh, to wrx: u serious do not know anything.

to vinu: why r u worrying? 10-15 in north sydney boys pretty much guarantees a 99.5, speaking statistically. i'd expect the dux of nsb get 100? and then theres defnitely at least 10 ppl getting 99.6-99.95. so seriously, dont worry.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
And you do not make sense "feltonw." "u serious do not know anything"

I was joking, the answer to his post is obvious. And i dont think nsb had a dux of 100 this year (although feel free to correct me if im wrong). It also depends on what subjects you do Vinu. Post up what subjects you do.

dumbcnut :rolleyes:

lala2

Banned
HSC
so ranks and marks get sent in? I got 12/15 for first 2U Eng assessment, ranked 38th in the grade with about 20 others. 38's shit as, but 12/15 itself was a whopper. So I hope marks and ranks are sent in so it isn't unfair? *damn you competition...shakes fist*

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
My friend explianed it to me:

Every school gets a pie for every subject they do. The only problem is that everyone has to share. So, the person with the highest ranks gets the largest slice of pie, while the ones at the back get the crumbs with the saliva and crap...

Remember the girl that did dutch continuers last year? she ate a whole pie...

Trev

stix
HSC
TimeAndTide said:
My friend explianed it to me:

Every school gets a pie for every subject they do. The only problem is that everyone has to share. So, the person with the highest ranks gets the largest slice of pie, while the ones at the back get the crumbs with the saliva and crap...

Remember the girl that did dutch continuers last year? she ate a whole pie...
haa nice analogy :p

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
Uhh..forgot to write the second half:

The quality of the pie depends on what school you come from. A smart school gets the good pies...100% premium meat...while crappy schools get liver and brains...and finally, your HSC marks depends on whether you ate a big piece of pie, at school and in the HSc exams. If you ate big pieces of pie throughtout year 12, you'd get a higher UAI, and be a fat mofo.

Damnit. Now I'm hungry.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i would take a whole apple pie. !

( the 100% premium "meat" one is prolly still full of liver and testicles anyway.. )

if i get to my target uai.. i am going to be one fat boy .-."

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Vinu said:
I want to end up getting 99.50 and I go to North Sydney Boys High which is a pretty good school. I end up getting average of 90% raw in my assessments (maths around 94). the problem is that i still end up coming 10- 15. does this mean i will be scaled down and will not be able to get 99.50

Haha.. Vinayak mate.. are you serious?

99.5 is easy for you. I say on aggregate your school rankings places you on the way to mid 99s. In addition you will do better for the HSC exams, and thus you'll prolly get high 99s.]

to the person who said our school gets 100?
that's BS. very rarely does our dux get 100 - most of the time either 99.95 or 99.9. Hopefully this year though.. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)