D:/ (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Hello. My DVD drive is stupid. It reads the drive but it keeps telling me to insert a disc into it when I already have. What the hell is the problem? Thanks. :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Noone can answer your question based on that much information. What program is asking you to insert a disk? If its a game then it's probably scanning for things such as DaemonTools, and in that case I'd get safedisc4 hider.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
It could be either the disk or the drive.

If the drive reads other disks fine, then it's probably damage to the disk, or it's dirty.

Try cleaning it and then see what happens.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Another solution is (if the drive is new) that the disk you're trying to read is burned and the drive is rejecting it. I've seen a few newer disk drives reject burned CDs as part of tougher copy protection.

I_F

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Also, if you've recently installed it then it may not be properly seated in the drive bay which causes the disk to be 'unbalanced'.

santaslayer

HSC
withoutaface said:
Noone can answer your question based on that much information. What program is asking you to insert a disk? If its a game then it's probably scanning for things such as DaemonTools, and in that case I'd get safedisc4 hider.
Yeah, I think that's the case. Fuck. :p

Thanks everyone. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)