Cut off - 75 UAI (1 Viewer)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
This article may be handy for people who are looking at UC. Most people may be relying on the cut off of 73 to get them in - it is now 75 minimum. Unfortunately, no other cut off were announced.

The University of Canberra (UC) said today it was absolutely delighted by the significant increase in applications it had received for its undergraduate courses in 2004.

UC said that based on University Admissions Centre (UAC) data, total preferences were up by more than 11 per cent compared with the same time last year, with an almost seven per cent increase in first preferences.

Overall, preferences from school leavers had increased by more than 13 per cent, and those from non-school leavers by six per cent.

UC had experienced the fourth highest percentage increase among participating UAC universities, behind the University of Western Sydney, the University of New England and the University of Sydney.

Pro Vice Chancellor Academic, Professor John Dearn, said that while UC was treating these preference trends with some caution, it was apparent that intensive marketing by the university and academic divisions had paid dividends.

We are also very pleased with the standard of students joining the UC undergraduate community next year.

Professor Dearn said that among the more popular degrees selected by students from Canberra and the Australian Capital Region were a number of health science courses, notably nursing, human nutrition, psychology and forensics.

Also popular were architecture, graphic design and primary teaching, and all three strands of UCs sports studies course media, coaching and management.

Professor Dearn said UCs UAI cut off score of 75 for next year reflected the high demand for its courses.

http://www.canberra.edu.au/news_events/media_releases/media_10_12_03.html

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, No. The cut-off is a clear 75.. (unless the press release is wrong, but it was on the news paper etc so i dont think so)

BUT did you go to school in a country town etc?? You may want to look at the EAS scheme. Cause you only need .6; you would most likely get in...

You may want to look @ UC College, a prep school. Unfortunately you can only take 2 subjects, have to pay money and then go good in the subjects so it will bring you marks higher to get into uni...

casey

Last edited:

rachybabe123

I'm a rural student. Do u get extra marks for being rural or do u have to apply to the uni for special considerations? Cause I wasn't able to aplly for EAS. And is it all the course that have gone up to 75 or just the popular ones?

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
UC does NOT give 'special consideration' seperately; ONLY through the EAS scheme, which can be applied for through the university if you are late applying through UAC.

The lowest mark to enter into a UC course is 75 - popular marks are above that.. THey were going to make the cut off 75 the yr after next; but the demand increased a lot more than they expected.

What was u uai? what course u want to do?

rachybabe123

My UAI was 74.4 and my 1st pref was Hotel management and my 2nd pref was tourism management. I think I might try and apply for EAS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)