current topic (1 Viewer)

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
hey, to everyone completing their HSC in '05, where are you up to in maths ext 1? i think my school is really behind, and i'm worried that they'll try to rush everything in the end. just wondering if my school is actually behind, and by how much

thanks for replying =]

FinalFantasy

HSC
lol there is a very silly and not very clever or learned 3unit maths teacher in my school, and all we've done in ext. 1 so far is second derivatives and probability lol.
No need to worry, just learn da other topics by urself if your class doesn't teach fast.

FinalFantasy

HSC
damn our 2\3unit teacher doesn't really know what she's doing..
and our 4unit teacher is not very good either lol

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
hmmm we did extended induction, and now we are doing circle geo.
we also did binomial expansion right at the beginning of year 11, because apparently its the hardest topic, and people get freaked out by it cos most schools teach it right before the HSC, so instead we got it taught right at the beginning of year 11, and all we have to do is revise it. dont ask me the logic in that.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you wan't something difficult in 3u you would do perms/combs (apparently that's hard for most students) or circle geo first...

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
wah... i seriously think my school/class is behind. i think we're actually still only doing yr 11 stuff - locus of parabolas? we are so behind.... gosh...i totally have to study ahead by myself, but as if i would be able to concentrate

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
table for 1 said:
wah... i seriously think my school/class is behind. i think we're actually still only doing yr 11 stuff - locus of parabolas? we are so behind.... gosh...i totally have to study ahead by myself, but as if i would be able to concentrate
We didn't do locus until year 12...

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
We didn't do locus until year 12...
really. but did you learn the topics in order, or skipped around the place?

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
doesn't each school choose to do different topics in different order? we did perms and combs first thing in yr 11, (the purpose was to eliminate people who shouldn't be in 3u =S), and then circle geo.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
table for 1 said:
really. but did you learn the topics in order, or skipped around the place?
Basically what the 3u's did was learn most of the 2u HSC course in year 11, and then they did the parts exclusive to 3u in year 12.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
doesn't each school choose to do different topics in different order? we did perms and combs first thing in yr 11, (the purpose was to eliminate people who shouldn't be in 3u =S), and then circle geo.
yeh exactly the same at my school. it worked really well too. half the class dropped out within two weeks.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
well, locus is a yr 12 2u topic, most 3u students should have done it. we got to finish yr 12 intergration(ie substituion), binomial therum, perms n combs, inverse trig n Physical world.
5 topics take us a term or so, cos physical world is huge

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
My school's behind.

By how much I no longer know. But we do need to hurry up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)