curious.. (1 Viewer)

Gelapo

Hey all, I was just wonderin how other art students are coming along in this course. Personally, tho I'm told I do well in the theory side, my prac side is goin down the toilet. Is there any1 out there who's only made one peice of art as oppose to a body of work? Coz I tell ya, your not the only one.

Q. Does it matter if you don't have a body of artwork but more like one artwork?

manda

progress in my bow has slowed up heaps...im losing interest ...and i feel like i dont know where to go next! so stressful!

HSC
well, yes art practical is worth 50% of your hsc mark as you know and thus in order to do exceptionally well, one you would need to create more than one work. Hence body of work. Body refers to more than one. And although you could probably get away with it, you would be limiting yourself very much by making only one piece...unless it was absolutely brilliant...anyway excuse the tangent....basically i really think we have to make more than one work...i have made 5 pieces thus far....although i may not include all of them...there's no point in making heaps of artworks if they lack aesthetic appeal.. i suppose it's not the quantity but the quality of the quantity..does that make sense????

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
you can do just one work and "get away with it". it's perfectly acceptable to do a single sculpture, painting, or whatever. but yes, if you do, it'd better be pretty good. but they usually arer, cos you have the time to concentrate on the one peice.

tash

lalalala
HSC
yeah u probably could i guess as long as it showed ur concept really well and u had a lot of experminentation going on.

there's a girl n my class who'd basically collaging a tv and that's it but my teacher really hates it....so i wouldn't make it 2 simple

do u actually find out ur prac mark on its own??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)