Curious (1 Viewer)

King Card

HSC
Most of the people say that ur rank matters in the end.
If ur marks are low and ur in the top rank (for e.g. top 10) how does that affect ur final HSC mark and scaling?
I was aiming for 93 to get into Commerce UNSW but i don't think i can get in.
At this rate i'll be lucky enough to hit the 80s.
My subjects are:
-Eng Std
-Maths 2unit
-Business Studies
-Economics
-IPT

Do i still have a chance??

"Chubby"

HSC
i'm not too sure how the system works but i think your school has a major effect on it

maybe you can tell us your school......and wait until what other people say...

i'm like in a similar situation to you and i'll be keeping an eye out for the responses.

H

housemouse

How well your group in each of your subjects goes in the final HSC exam matters as well.

J e S s

HSC
housemouse said:
How well your group in each of your subjects goes in the final HSC exam matters as well.
so im assuming you mean that its best if the group/class as a whole does well? i wouldn't have a clue lol. never quite worked all that out..

Raginsheep

HSC
Think of it this way: the total marks from the HSC exams are pooled together for your particular group and then redistributed based on rankings and other stuff. A good group will have more marks per person than a not so good group.

King Card

HSC
Chubby said:
i'm not too sure how the system works but i think your school has a major effect on it

maybe you can tell us your school......and wait until what other people say...

i'm like in a similar situation to you and i'll be keeping an eye out for the responses.
I can't tell u specifically what school, but it's not in the top 200 :(
And i got my trial results for eng std and maths atm.
For eng i think i came 5th in the year (out of 89), but it's a really crappy mark and maths, (sigh) let's not go there
I'm regretting it now. I should've done ancient history in case of a backup, but everyone said it's a crappy subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)