Curious on what degrees BOS'ers want to take (1 Viewer)

What type of degree's are you considering to undertake in university?

• Total voters

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
nice to see BOS users are a bit less... skewed towards CS :) (despite it being a majority) so we got people interested in different pathways. As I expected the general trend is more for science/engineering but there is a good chunk interested in other fields.

I'll keep the poll up so everyone can know a bit about the demographics of BOS users here.

I'll most likely get the other uni BOS users who graduated in 2022 to contribute for subjects i havent done or wont do like econ/law etc.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
1511 is a great course, it's so well organised and taught well (thanks to the lecturer), I went from knowing literally nothing to programming in an actual language : D
Yeah Yeah and you have my ip, my family's dog's ancestry, my DNA, a graph on @Lith_30's social connections and somehow you didn't know how to program

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Do u guys think that compsci will still be in demand after 10+ years considering that there are so many people doing it?
Probably but I actually self taught web dev since actuarial doesn't really have any innovation and isn't exciting. I think that with soooo many rapid developments in tech nowadays you have to be constantly studying/keeping updated but at the same time it's exciting seeing so many developments.

Seeing that the world moves more and more towards tech, heaps more jobs open up in different tech fields. The time when demand reduces will probably be when AI replaces programmers who don't have great problem solving skills/creativity but that also might not happen soon since OpenAI is trying to call for AI regulations.

Memoria

HSC
What degrees do you guys want to do? Choose an option (2 if double degree) you feel most likely to do as of now. I'm just curious, also will help me see what subjects people might take for the other thing I want to do.

Cheers.
My first choice of degree is nursing and others I am interested in are social work/paramedicine/speech pathology. I am also looking at TAFE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)