Cumberland Campus (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
Why is the Health sciences Campus at Cumberland (Lidcombe) and not at the city with the rest of the faculties?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
because there is limited space at the main campus, and because the uni offers so many courses, they cant fit all the facilities in one place, thats why law is in phillip st, the con is in the city, SCA is elsewhere and the farms are in camden.
sux to be doing health sciences though, lidcome is hardly accessible.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The non-member prices for food is cheaper at Cumbo and SCA, than the member prices for food at the rest of our campuses.

kow_dude

HSC
i thought cumberland campus is seperated from the city because it's shitty or something

ghoolz

HSC
It used to be seperate from Syd Uni and was called Cumberland College of Health Sciences. Now Syd Uni has it for some reason. Its a really good campus.

tha_fairy

kow_dude said:
i thought cumberland campus is seperated from the city because it's shitty or something
i'm at cumberland doing physio, and i reckon it's great! you don't have to walk very far to get between classes, and yeah, the food is really cheap! the only problem is that to even get to lidcombe, you have to do a round trip of sydney, especially from where i am, and with the industrial dispute with cityrail at the moment, its pretty bad trying to get to uni on time.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
If I were elected SRC President, I would have moved the President's Office to Cumberland campus or to the Con.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
nah its just separate because of space issues. Its not like Usyd doesnt like health science students so it sticks them out at lidcombe, its just that that was where the campus was built. From what i've seen, its pretty nice. Most of the off main campus campuses are pretty nice, SCA is kooky and cool, the con is beautiful, and comberland is, well, practical, ok for uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)