cumberland 07 (1 Viewer)

jest

HSC
anyone else starting at cumberland this year? none of my friends are at the same uni as me :confused:

~eZZa~

HSC
Hey, yeah i'll be at cumberland for speech pathology. It seems as though the main campus is not really connected to ours.....

Skeeta

HSC
I'm a speechie too, but a third year this year.

Well, the story kind of goes..
That main campus really has nothing, or wants nothing to do with us.

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
Me! im in- Applied Science (Diagnostic Radiography)

who else is with me?

jessied

HSC
I'll be there again this year as a 2nd year Physio (woooaaahh that sounds weird)

Don't expect much from cumbo, you'll spend your time in E101, the Library, the JDV Cafe (it's all we have) and sitting on the lawn or chairs. If they don't have the free Daily Telegraph again this year I think I'll cry.

Skeeta

HSC
jessied said:
If they don't have the free Daily Telegraph again this year I think I'll cry.
I dont think they do.

I think the point of it, was to get us addicted, and now we pay $16 a year for it.
Which still isnt so bad.

jessied

HSC
Skeeta said:
I dont think they do.

I think the point of it, was to get us addicted, and now we pay $16 a year for it.
Which still isnt so bad.
Oh, well it worked. $16 a year is ok. The sudukos, crosswords, star signs and subtle "As reported by the Daily Telegraph" are worth paying for.

glass

HSC
I'm starting Physio this year. Enrolment on tuesday 23rd Jan. Anyone know how to get to the campus from lidcombe station?

Skeeta

HSC
Bus. I'm not sure what number it is though. Takes you straight into the uni.

You could also walk. Its about 20 minutes.

glass

HSC
Hmm ok. Do i just keep walking straight until i see the uni once i get out from the station?

salsydney

HSC
noooo... when you come out of the station, you should see a crappy post office... this is basically the high street of lidcombe.. go left once you come out of the station.. you'll see a bridge on the left.. ignore that. there's a small street to the right, with a petrol station on the corner... walk down that street, and you'll get to the end, where there should be like, a small block of flats on the corner.. turn left again, and cross the road at some point.. at the end of that road, straight ahead, you should see the cemetery... just grass and shit in this part though... turn right here, and now just keeeeep walking straight... you'll pass by a bunch of houses, keeeeep walking.. you'll pass by the tafe, and then keep walking, and you'll find cumbo...
otherwise, if the buses are running, just get on the bus. its summer for gods sake! there are like, only 2 buses that come to lidcombe station... in 3 yrs, ive only come across 2... both will go to cumbo.. one is dedicated to the uni, and one is going to auburn hospital, and will stop outside the uni.. but hey, jst ask the driver.. sometimes the hospital one lies and says he wont go to the uni, but they do.
alternatively, there is a taxi rank, you could get a taxi, costs $7...

fa1nt

HSC
me n my friend got into diagnostic radiography. see you's all ther on tues for enrolling. =D

glass

HSC
Hey, is anyones' enrolment time 3:00-3:30pm? Kinda hoping to see heaps of ppl walkin to the uni with me cos i have a very bad sense of direction and think im gonna get lost

d00d34

The Wanderer
HSC
you could check out the transport infoline at 131500.com.au. type in the destination and where you want to start from and it'll give you public transport info on how to get there. and maps too.

and i'm start MRS diagnostic radiography too!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
that wont help you its a private bus company. Its the 917 that gets you to cumbo
as you come off the platforms take the exit to the left of the station. They are majorly ripping that thing apart at the moment but take the stairs down and theres like a maze thing happening to the right as you go down the stairs. Follow that and you will come to the bus stop. When uni starts the line will be all the way from the bus stop to the stairs and sometimes up them. BUt the bus will get you there quickly. The rookwood cemetery scenic tour ie takes 20-30 minutes is a good walk if you are in the mood for it. The bus that says Sydney Uni via Tafe will get you right into the uni grounds to the bus stop. The enrollment process when i did it took place mainly in E block which is directly behind the bus shelter and there will be people from the christian union and the enrolling people pluss lines of people lining up so you wont get lost at all. After you do that go for a walk around campus to have a look around it wont take you very long. Its a lot better that way then on a guided tour on O day where they just tell you what you will be studying and how to use the uni website.

Enjoy. oh and congrats to the first poster...welcome to the wonderful world of RT

jest

HSC
Katie123 said:
Enjoy. oh and congrats to the first poster...welcome to the wonderful world of RT
is that a hint of sarcasm i detect? lol the course can't be that bad can it?

nik_noodle

HSC
glass said:
Hey, is anyones' enrolment time 3:00-3:30pm? Kinda hoping to see heaps of ppl walkin to the uni with me cos i have a very bad sense of direction and think im gonna get lost
Buses will be running every 15mins from Lidcombe station. Costs 80c.

You won't get big groups walking at that time. Or anytime. We've broken them right down.

PS: Come say hello to me in the big lecture theatre. I'll be in a teal shirt. And I'll be bored :)
♥ Nikki

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)