CSSA TRIALS 2005 : (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
miss_gtr said:
damn!..
SOR isnt that bad... apart from frequent crap marks..its kinda interesting. i go to a catholic school so weve ALWAYS studied religion..but every year its been a repeat of christianity.. so senior religion was good cuz it was lots of different religions.
But they dont have to learn about Aboriginals...
I've had to do them pretty much every year in differing subjects
yr10 history and geo, yr11 legal, yr12 SOR1.
and also they dont have to do the boring history of christianity in aus from 1900-now.
no ISPs either but i enjoyed doing my ISP

I wanna get back my trial! i will only get it back in a couple of weeks or so but :(

goan_crazy

HSC
miss_gtr said:
lol i'll get mine back after trials are finished, i think i passed..but not by heaps.. (lets hope im downplaying myself)
i got 20/20 for my ISP :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
ISP is so much work for so little reward...i do SORII, and it was worth 10% of our assessment mark...unbelievable...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I wish I never had to do the ISP.
What were everyones trials weighted for internal assesment? Mine was 40%! Which seems a whopping amount to me.

goan_crazy

HSC
fleepbasding said:
What were everyones trials weighted for internal assesment? Mine was 40%! Which seems a whopping amount to me.
I wish mine was worth 40%
i put so much work into it and it was only worth 10% in SOR1

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
miss_gtr said:
damn, i was gonna sell my macquarie book... are u sure its not changing for 2007 syllabus, cuz i thought macquarie books were covering 2005-6.
meh, i didnt find religion that challenging.. i did thr sor2 paper.. then again, i cant talk... i prob didnt do that well.
You can still sell it...the syllabus change is only for HSC 2007. 06ers are unaffected.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
fleepbasding said:
Yeah mine was worth 40% as well. Hate SOR i hate it i hate it i hate it. :chainsaw: Dam catholic school.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
green_fairy said:
Yeah mine was worth 40% as well. Hate SOR i hate it i hate it i hate it. :chainsaw: Dam catholic school.
Well, put it this way...it's only 4 or 5 lessons per fortnight with all but about 4 fortnights of school left :)

goan_crazy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Well, put it this way...it's only 4 or 5 lessons per fortnight with all but about 4 fortnights of school left :)
less than that
when we get back to school we miss our monday lesson
that means only 2 lessons in week 5
3 for the next 5 weeks
that means about 17 lessons left of SOR once we go back in week 5.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
guys, if you are going to critique the new syllabus at least get your facts straight and actully read through it....

Aboriginal Spirituality has been split in to two parts, one in Yr 11 and one in Yr 12
SOR2 do some parts of the 1788-1900 course in Yr 11
and the Religion in Australia (given that it is "Religion" and not just Christianity) unit is again split across Yr 11 and 12 (into a couple units eg the new depth studies but the focus generally is on 1945> as a unit)

Text books can still be used as the structure has changed, not the content...in the new syllabus, its more logical and flows better than the current syllabus
(current syllabus has too many holes and flaws...doesnt flow or make sense as a teacher)

Please keep your opinions accurate as some students do use these forums to help make their minds up and all you are going to do is confuse people ....
:)
besides, you are going WAYYYYY off topic and I cant be bothered to delete all your posts

edited cause I really need that new keyboard!

Last edited:

goan_crazy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Well, I guess you must enjoy it seeing as you do SOR2...the same can't be said for a large number of other students.
word. I would have liked to do SOR2 but i wasn't allowed
To do SOR2 at my school, you need to do maths ext 1 or eng ext 1.
But I heard SOR2 is so much more work than 1 unit and they hav 2 write so many essays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)