guy

HSC
haha i went soo shit
i picked gentrification and i think it was suburbanisation
i studyed so hard for mexico and londan and it was on sydney
hahaha stupid shitty geography

scheah86

lol im with u there.
man i cant even remember geo cause i had physics after it.
i had a 6hr day of exams. im so fuckin gone. lol isnt gentrification the thing goin more dense residental or some shit? what was with the vertical exagerattion... im like wtf?>??

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
woah 6hours...whick includes physics..thats crap!!
consolidation is when the population density increases...gentrification is when buildings are made for prestige and rich people and all that...the way i remember it is by the word 'gent' which sort of has that connotation of affluence..

swisstruffles

HSC
Originally posted by scheah86
lol im with u there.
man i cant even remember geo cause i had physics after it.
i had a 6hr day of exams. im so fuckin gone. lol isnt gentrification the thing goin more dense residental or some shit? what was with the vertical exagerattion... im like wtf?>??
tough going..im gonna have 6 hrs of frantic writing in the HSC- LEgal and Geo in the same dammit day!! how can they do this 2 us..there should be a limit i reckon. its not good 4 the health of ur hand as well>>
Vert. ex. is always tricky..best if u do practice Q's over and over again and it helps a bit. :)

veg

hey, what were the extended response questions in the catholic school trial?

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
Q19Compare the natural stresses and human induced modifications on the functioning of an ecosystem in Source D[stimulus booklet] and one ecosystem that you have studied.
Q20Describe the changing nature, character and spatial distribution of mega cities in the developing world.
Q21Describe how the biophysical and ecological factors affect the nature, character and future trends of an economic activity that you have studied.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i still cant figure it out, the questions which i posted and did the exam on, was it catholic or cssa trial, does anyone know?

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
i still cant figure it out, the questions which i posted and did the exam on, was it catholic or cssa trial, does anyone know?
the catholic trials are the cssa trials...

Originally posted by 2BE1
hey, what were the extended response questions in the CSSA Trial???
the questions to the extended response are above your post

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Question 21 is fairly tough, i mean not all economic activity is affected by biophysical and ecological factors.

I'm doing tourism and biophysical and ecological factors don't apply as much to tourism when compared to something like wheat farming when bio and eco factors do have a more significant impact. And for my case study, biophysical factors barely have an impact....

Well i'll see what sort of question my teacher comes up with on Tuesday....

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Talk about easy questions...
describe, describe, compare...

Ultimately, all economic activity is influenced by natural factors.

Last edited:

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
yeah true describe, compare type questions are fairly straight forward,
but i think they should make a more broader question for economic activity, because some of the factors affecting spatial, nature etc
apply to certain economic activities more than others
eg Biophysical factors have more relevance to wheat farming than tourism

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by scut
Question 21 is fairly tough, i mean not all economic activity is affected by biophysical and ecological factors.

I'm doing tourism and biophysical and ecological factors don't apply as much to tourism when compared to something like wheat farming when bio and eco factors do have a more significant impact. And for my case study, biophysical factors barely have an impact....

biophysical and ecological factors have an impact on tourism.
you just have to give an examples. bio factors can be favourable eg coasts of mideterainean there all year nice weather or in Alps and not eg Sydneys 2002 bush fires affected the number of tourist arrivals. and ecological factors e.g ecotourism( list advantages and disadvantages). It is about 30% of all tourists visit heritage sites the rest visit nature.

Last edited:

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by scut

"WELL I"LL SEE WHAT SORT OF QUESTION MY TEACHER COMES UP WITH ON TUESDAY"

Well guess what, I did the CSSA Paper today. Which i was totally not expecting. I go to a public selective school and we normally write our own papers, but this year we've decided to take the CSSA trial. So during reading time, i flicked to the back of the exam to where the extended response were and I asked myself "Have I seen these questions before? "

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)