CSSA Trial (1 Viewer)

Kharn

All i can say is easy, except for damned ratio's which i should go learn:(

How did everyone else go?

jokesjokes

HSC
the exam was pretty good, wasnt that hard

but for the last question, were we supposed to incorporate a case study into our answer?
i didnt...since i didnt read the question properly :(

PG5

HSC
yeap... i agree!
it was an alrite exam
MC - alright
SA - some i found tough
Essays - thank god for cramming!

hope every1 else did alright as well!
it was heaps easier than ext 1 maths... lol

Last edited:

ripbong11

it was a pretty good exam
except 4 da ratio ques...only coz ididn't no any ratio's

but it was pretty good i thought

PhiL

I thought the trial wasn't that bad after-all. I was a bit worried going into the exam but i was fine after all.

What were the answers to the ratio questions?
- Gearing
- Profitability (return on OE)

and any others i forgot.

AGB

HSC
i hated every second of the three hours we were in there....

sandydee

Hey what did you guys write for the first extended response...the part with employment relations strategies...i blanked out completely...was it all the points on 'effective employment relations'?? (eg- flexibl working conditions)

i know its a stupid question..but oh well

Last edited:

Mr.Ugly

i bombed the case study essay big time
what the heck is this manager responsibility stuff, they dont do shit. so i write about nothing for 5 pages
and some short answers like the stratgies were hard

nerdd

haha yeah i chose question 28 and it was a joke.
my case study was canon & their management wasn't effective at all!
but i just kept crapping on about how "oh yes, this displays extreme effectiveness" blahblah. so crappp

PG5

HSC
Originally posted by PhiL
I thought the trial wasn't that bad after-all. I was a bit worried going into the exam but i was fine after all.

What were the answers to the ratio questions?
- Gearing
- Profitability (return on OE)

and any others i forgot.
which equation did u people use for gearing?
i used: debt to equity= (long term debt)/(shareholders equity[ie. capital]) x 100

dunno if it's right though

EDIT: did we have to include our case study for question 27 and 28?!

another EDIT: umm... for the employment strategies, i put down offer more rewards, higher a HRM person to manage emp. relations, the flexible working conditions, change the organisational structure of the business to a more democratic leadership style if they haven't already done so... and i think that was all i outlined in that part. I could've wrote more, but didn't have enough time.

Last edited:

sandydee

EDIT: did we have to include our case study for question 27 and 28?! [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah u did...but only for one of them, i think it was q28-the last one...

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
Was easier than I expected.
MC was a few so-so, but fairly good
Short answ was extremly simple, pretty sure I got everything except the social influences on emplyment relations for Bobs Bricks stimulus Q :S which I now know.
26) Business report, simple and straightforward
28) Extended response, kinda alright, I didn't go into much depth of the strategies used to manage operations effectively for global business? whatever that was I don't really remember.

PG5

HSC
ok good... i chose question 27!
lol... those responsibilities! man... didn't know what to write.
for international stakeholders, i wrote down ecological sustainability, setting minumum standards of labour, providing good quality products to their global consumers and informing shareholders of their actions...

hope at least some of em' were right!
aya

Last edited:

jokesjokes

HSC
Originally posted by PG5
ok good... i chose question 27!
lol... those responsibilities! man... didn't know what to write.
for external stakeholders, i wrote down ecological sustainability, setting minumum standards of labour, providing good quality products to their global consumers and informing shareholders of their actions...

hope at least some of em' were right!
aya
hahah..i did the exact thing as you..i chose 27 and did not include a case study ( my dumbass brain decided not to read the question properly), i just wrote about businesses in general

can someone plz verify if we have to include a case study for q27? or does the case study only apply for q28?

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jokesjokes
can someone plz verify if we have to include a case study for q27? or does the case study only apply for q28?
hmm..? both Q27 and Q28 are the extended respond Q's (pick either one to write about).
I was told prior that we should include a case study for the extended response question.. so yeah.. I would say so..

PG5

HSC
hmm... but the questions didn't ask for a case study
usually they would have 'with reference to a case study...'
e.g. the 2001 CSSA trial paper had 'in your answer evaluate how successful and effective change has been in a business you have studied' as part of section IV

so yeah. i don't think it specifically asked to include a case study... or did it?
if it didn't n my teachers mark me down because i didn't include a case study, i'm going to debate about it!

Kharn

Originally posted by PG5
hmm... but the questions didn't ask for a case study
usually they would have 'with reference to a case study...'
e.g. the 2001 CSSA trial paper had 'in your answer evaluate how successful and effective change has been in a business you have studied' as part of section IV

so yeah. i don't think it specifically asked to include a case study... or did it?
if it didn't n my teachers mark me down because i didn't include a case study, i'm going to debate about it!
Did you read the rhuberic at the top. If it said that as part of the marking criteria that you need to include a relevant case study then it would be difficult to argue against not using it. I have never know a section 4 that has not at least had it in the rhuberic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)