CSSA Trial (1 Viewer)

howareya

Banned
Originally posted by Jinglebell
i actually got the e^-x(sinx + cosx) one...but i was only up to drawing the graph when time ran out...i was very proud of myself though, i just about fainted when i first saw it:)

i caouldn't get the one with the triangle, with the sides x, x+1 and 2...i know i should've been able to do it, anyone care to enlighten me?
is my answer right

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by swisstruffles
they used so much of the logs and 'e'- it was like they mixed up brackets, logs, e, Inx...and asked us to integrate, differentiate, and anything else they could imagine!!
I was pretty much stuffed from the start of them exam. I completely forgot how to differentiate exponentials:mad:.

Jinglebell

HSC
uh...i can't actually remmeber what i got, although i don't thaink it was the same as yours...but then, i probably made a mistake in my rushing anyway, so don't trust my judgement:)

Jinglebell

HSC
i think i actually did it differently, but your working looks valid to me...i think i may have had sin x = cos x, without the negative...geez, i always manage to leave out a negative somewhere!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by howareya
you just look at the standard intergrals and do the reverse
I tried to do that but I could not get my head around it:mad:.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Howareya, sorry but our school took out the Practical Applications Of Calculus In The Real World because some classes have not done it:).

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
god that was the worst 2u exam i've ever had. That was bullshit, i mean comn !? wtf was that. Section 9 and 10 where so impossible, what where these guys thinking.

God, how bad do they want to give it to us students.

I'll be lucky if i even get 70 % for that exam, even though im like ranked top 5 in my school for 2u, that exam was shocking. and yes i did study

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by howareya
post 50

what did people get for the volume for y = root cotx

i got 8
cotx = 1/tan x
tan.x = sinx/cosx

therefore: cotx = cosx/sinx
cosx=d/dx sinx
hence this equals to ln sin.x

i think thats how u do it

funkychickie

hye yeh i think i did ok.. i just lost my first place in 2 U though so im cut.. oh well 3U tomoz!! yay!!!!!!!!!!! yeh i thought the test was ok... i got through it pretty easy except for #10 the end..

Nasti

when does uni start?
im so glad all of you people are saying "that was nothing like previous cssa" - on weekend i did 4 cssa previous year's papers and iw as cheering! i started relaxing and watching tv

can anyone actually give an explanation as to WHY this year was SO HARD compared to previous CSSA? it doesnt make any sense to me? all of a sudden they just release 2003 paper with really hard (in comparison) questions

that was totally f*ked

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
umm...apparently the hsc changes from hard to easy, from one year to the next:)confused: ), from what i've heard...mayb it was trying to do that and prepare for the hsc...

Winston

HSC
fuck it was shit

question 9 and 10

and i honestl didnt know u can integrate a log!
wtf?!

and i couldnt get the height of the rectangle to minus it out

bah its fucked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)