CSSA Trial Results (1 Viewer)

SharaHatter

HSC
Ive heard different from the uni students ive spoken to...most say that only Econometrics is the real maths based stuff but otherwise its not heaps of maths depending what subjects you study

quinnm2006

HSC
SharaHatter said:
i got 96%...down from 98% in half yearly but im averaging 97% so its all good!
i got 18/20 m/c
39/40 short answer
20/20 protection essay
19/20 for policy one

so pretty happy - 1/8 n highest by 10%
Pretty similar...
i got 19/20 m/c
39/40 short answer
20/20 protection essay
20/20 for policy one

for 98%. Now I'm averaging 95%, 96% if i scab another mark and am first by about 12%. Business Studies I am about 12% ahead, Physics I am so close to first I can sniff it (but alas 2nd i believe) and English I believe first and second is down to 3 decimal places (don't know why we can't have equal first, but oh well)

dunch

HSC
quinnm2006-98%? You are a god.
I got
17/20 MPC
39/40 Short Answer
19/20 policy
20/20 globo essay

95%
Mind you this was not CSSA trial but one my teacher made, but comprised of past hsc/trial style questions.

SharaHatter

HSC
quinnm2006 said:
Pretty similar...
i got 19/20 m/c
39/40 short answer
20/20 protection essay
20/20 for policy one

for 98%. Now I'm averaging 95%, 96% if i scab another mark and am first by about 12%. Business Studies I am about 12% ahead, Physics I am so close to first I can sniff it (but alas 2nd i believe) and English I believe first and second is down to 3 decimal places (don't know why we can't have equal first, but oh well)
Thats heaps good. on assessment marks i think im ahad by about 12% too. im still waiting for modern and eng adv back but so far ive come first in the rest and in assessments! what do u want to do after skool?

wce06

HSC
MC: 19/20
SA: 35/40
E1: 18/20
E2: 13/20

85%,
equal top out of 39. not cssa, our own paper. our eco department marks quite hard; despite giving these marks we usually get 40% cohort band 6s in eco... interesting to see some people getting 95%, 98% etc, good stuff.

gnrlies

HSC
SharaHatter said:
Ive heard different from the uni students ive spoken to...most say that only Econometrics is the real maths based stuff but otherwise its not heaps of maths depending what subjects you study
Well econometrics is just statistics. Theres less applied maths in econometrics (unless you do more advanced levels where this is not true) than there is in econ units (just lots of greek alphabet terms and equations - but you use a computer a lot).

But with econ units, everything u do is based on a mathematical model. You dont do maths as you would know it (as in rote learn how to do a maths problem and then do it countless times over and over until you get the hang of it, and then do a test with heaps of out of context maths problems) - howevor everything you learn has a mathematical underpinning.

For example in the HSC you learn about "crowding out" in its qualitative terms - i.e. in words. Howevor at uni, you will learn about it mathematically. I.e. what mathematical model demonstrated crowing out.

Its not terribly hard maths - the hardest you will need to do is partial differentiation (unless you choose subjects that require other forms of maths), but sometimes its annoying to be confined to an equation when you want to be able to run free and think of things in purely intuitive terms.

SharaHatter

HSC
Ok cool, thanks! that makes me feel better! i understand the whole maths underpinning subjects and yea i get how it could be very annoying! Thanks for your advice!!

EA36

HSC
Well I started off soooo good. 20/20 for the multiple choice and 40/40 for the short answers. However for the essays our teacher said that she wasn't going to mark them by the CSSA guidleines because they were too easy. She was an economist before she came to the school and says that she is sick of easy marking teachers. She always says how it doesn't matter what overall mark you get, because when you get into the HSC she wants us to work harder. So I had to settle for 12/20 and 13/20 for the essays even though they were 8 pages each. The head of the faculty said that he would have given me full marks for each, but our teacher says if we are going to go well, we are going to have to do it the hard way. So 85% for me.

pennypacker

Walking on the moon
HSC
EA36 said:
Well I started off soooo good. 20/20 for the multiple choice and 40/40 for the short answers. However for the essays our teacher said that she wasn't going to mark them by the CSSA guidleines because they were too easy. She was an economist before she came to the school and says that she is sick of easy marking teachers. She always says how it doesn't matter what overall mark you get, because when you get into the HSC she wants us to work harder. So I had to settle for 12/20 and 13/20 for the essays even though they were 8 pages each. The head of the faculty said that he would have given me full marks for each, but our teacher says if we are going to go well, we are going to have to do it the hard way. So 85% for me.
Ok, the essays can't be both deserving of full marks, but also a 12 and 13. The discrepancy is too big! I don't think it's helpful to mark too easy, but excessively hard is not good either! Ideally, ur teachers mark slightly harder than hsc standard, in my opinion.

passion89

HSC
EA36 said:
At least give you a 15 and 16 if she's going to mark hard! That's just evil...

einstein

HSC
15/20 for multiple choice =(....
37/40 for s.a (thats not bad, but i got docked a mark for an answer that was in the leading edge textbook!!!...because although it worked in theory, they didnt think it was a practical answer :|)
16/20 (u/e essay =()
16/20 (BOP essay =()

overall 84%, but topped =P ...i guess thats the sort of mark i deserve for no study though =(. However i still say the teacher that marked extended responses is a bitch, she gave me 16 for a near perfect u/e essay :|
meh, well done everyone else

epson

HSC
hey people man u guys beat me all of u guys i just wandoering tips on studying eco. specially the essays

ok my results are

14/20 MP C
36/40 Short Answer
11/20
8/20

i went ok buh my essays always stuff me up....any ideas PL Z?

DbadBOY

HSC
MC- 14/20
SHORTS- 37/40
eSSAYA - 16/20
ESSAY B 17/20
SO 84 and 2nd or 3rd in class

Always

HSC
Modified CSSA paper:

MC - 18/20
SA - 30/40
E1 - 18/20
E2 - 14/20

Scraped 80%. :rolleyes: Better start studying.

EDIT: how do some of you manage to get >95%? That's insane! Do you schools mark generously or are you all just super talented in the subject?

Last edited:

jasonmatthew

HSC
Yeh I got

Multiple: 18/20
Short Answer: 38/40
Objectvie Essay: 16/20
Protection: 19/20

91%
But we did this as a pretrial and our real trial was one from the EBE association (economics business education) and it was much much harder. Alot of relating to do, compared to the catholic one

schnookims

*Premium Princess Member*
HSC
MC - 20/20
SA - 40/40
E1 - 19/20
E2 - 19/20

overall 98% and came 1st/22 ^^

rox88

HSC
hey can some1 plz tell me the 4questions in the 2006 CSSA paper for ext responses. ive lost mine and it be g8 if some1 could me tell

thanx

HSC
- outline the causes of unemployment and analyse the policies available to the Australian government to reduce unemployment (graph and text aswell but im too lazy to type it sorry:)

- outline the objectives of economic management and analyse the role of fiscal policy in achieving these objectives in the Australian economy

- discuss the reasons for nations reducing protection and analyse its impact on the domestic and global economy

- discuss the issues affecting Australia's BOP and analyse the effectiveness of govt policies in achieving an external balance

enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)