CSSA Trial ESL 2008 (1 Viewer)

shais

HSC
i personally think .. i killed it ... except few bits of first exam .. my teacher kicked me out because i forgot to shave .. i ended up wasting 15 mins ..
so i knew i had to make it up in the listening and section 2 ..

i am very glad about rest of the exam...

Last edited:

Zippora

HSC
sorry for my ignorance but what is ESL about?
and what? your teacher kicked you out for not shaving?????

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
hahahahaha! The teacher kicked you out for not shaving?!?!?! Isn't that like sexual harassment or something? :rofl:

shais

HSC
Wassup? said:
hahahahaha! The teacher kicked you out for not shaving?!?!?! Isn't that like sexual harassment or something? :rofl:
ahan ... fark ... they said its a school policy to cleanly shave before a major exam

Last edited:

shais

HSC
Zippora said:
sorry for my ignorance but what is ESL about?
and what? your teacher kicked you out for not shaving?????
English as a second language ..
the subject is regarded as to be one of the decent scaling subject due to extra unfair advantage marks we suk up (in UAI)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Um, Section 2? You mean Paper 2?

I don't know about the rest of the paper but I did the CSSA listening task. Mine was like a combination of CSSA and independent. lolz.

And what do you mean by 'advantage marks we suck up' and 'decently scaling sub'?

shais

HSC
Undermyskin said:
Um, Section 2? You mean Paper 2?

I don't know about the rest of the paper but I did the CSSA listening task. Mine was like a combination of CSSA and independent. lolz.

And what do you mean by 'advantage marks we suck up' and 'decently scaling sub'?
we get unfair-advantage marks ...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Nope. That's not true. There's no such thing as "unfair-advantage marks" in ESL.

Zippora

HSC
does english have to be your second language to do english second language?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Scaling basically reflects the calibre of students.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Zippora said:
does english have to be your second language to do english second language?
You've got to have lived in Australia for 5 or less years to be eligible for ESL, unless you've come from a country such as England, New Zealand etc etc, in which case you wouldn't be eligible.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Well, that's basically not your mother-tounge language. My friend can speak other French as well.

Thanks, Survivors39. I was really puzzled to hear that we ever get advantage marks. When I inspect the calculators, it's seemingly legible to say unless ESL students get 92+ (not 92 only), they get scaled down. So there's no advantage here! Plus saying about 1.5 % get band 6 doesn't mean most of them get over 92. Well, it's just a decent subject. Why brooding on it?

cheney31

HSC
Undermyskin said:
Well, that's basically not your mother-tounge language. My friend can speak other French as well.

Thanks, Survivors39. I was really puzzled to hear that we ever get advantage marks. When I inspect the calculators, it's seemingly legible to say unless ESL students get 92+ (not 92 only), they get scaled down. So there's no advantage here! Plus saying about 1.5 % get band 6 doesn't mean most of them get over 92. Well, it's just a decent subject. Why brooding on it?
other subjects have similar scaling except math..
try put 90 for chem and for esl.. i think esl scales even better than chem and phy in high-mark ranges becoz its harder to get there in esl

gloria1024

HSC
Undermyskin said:

Are u serious?? coz i think it's pretty hard to get 92+. besides the fact is there is only a few people get band6 in esl... i am just worried if we can get a band6 or not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)