CSSA Maths Trial!! (1 Viewer)

kokodamonkey

HSC
Okay guys this is the discussion thread for it.. it starts in a few hours... goodluck to everyone! I'll update my post with my views on the exam after i've done it ofcourse. how much prep did everyone do for it? I found that past few weeks ive just been over maths so i havent done much but over pastfew months i've done the 2001-2006cssa papers and 2001-2006 hsc papers.

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
lolz
in term 2 i completed the CSSAz from 1992-2006
todays exam was good
it was quite simple compared to some HSC papers i did recently
howd every1 else find it??

HSC
i just finished the cssa math trials and my response is, kill me now! me and my friends agree that there was simply not enough time for that exam! im normally a fast worker and i was at question 6 and there was 40 minuites to go. did anyone else have the same problem?
also, i have been preparing for over 4 weeks for this exam!

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
~fallen angel~ said:
i just finished the cssa math trials and my response is, kill me now! me and my friends agree that there was simply not enough time for that exam! im normally a fast worker and i was at question 6 and there was 40 minuites to go. did anyone else have the same problem?
also, i have been preparing for over 4 weeks for this exam!
Thats weird...
i finishd lyk 2 and a half hours in2 d exam...
i prepared the weekend b4 lolz

Jessica14

HSC
Strangely enough I dont think my school had us do the CSSA paper for maths (even though we have the CSSA paper for the rest of them). This morning's paper didnt say Catholic Schools Trials on the front, which is probably a bad thing, i may have preferred yours, because the exam i had to do was the most difficult ive seen :mad1: and ive done past HSC and CSSA trial questions. I'm pretty sure i failed and i hope your exam was more gracious towards you guys.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
It was easy this year, i except to have more brute but was very flat! i except more of question 10 but it was similar to that of the 2006 HSC exam

im just sacred of the 3 unit tommrow!

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
Jessica14 said:
Strangely enough I dont think my school had us do the CSSA paper for maths (even though we have the CSSA paper for the rest of them). This morning's paper didnt say Catholic Schools Trials on the front, which is probably a bad thing, i may have preferred yours, because the exam i had to do was the most difficult ive seen :mad1: and ive done past HSC and CSSA trial questions. I'm pretty sure i failed and i hope your exam was more gracious towards you guys.
yea it was gracious very!:)

xxJTxx

HSC
hrrm...

2u is my strongest subject, and i found that exam challenging.
the internal exams ive done in the past have no comparison to the difficulty of that one.
but i did make the mistake of only studying for two days straight (which also involved self teaching the entire applications of calculus to the physical world topic! --> that came in useful today! haha).
i will be much more prepared for the hsc...doing 10yrs worth of cssa papers and 15yrs worth of hsc papers between now and then.
only did like like 3 past papers (one cssa, two hsc) as preparation, as well as past questions by topic + question work to study...so yer.

summary: it wasn't easy. it was a FAIR exam! question 6 pissed me off the most :)

i was surprised that i actually got through all of question nine, and half of ten as well :D cept ran outta time for end of 10...:(

filo_romz

HSC
so tan, you owned the exam then? lmao i heard from other people it was kinda hard! lols =P

johnnypaul

HSC
I actually managed to answer all of qns 9 and 10, but Maths Ext 1 tomorrow, soooooooooo fuked for it.

noobsgetowned

HSC
Jessica14 said:
^_^

You did the Independent Trial eh? Well anyway mine is on Friday and my teacher has been telling me its VERY hard so yea =\

becko the gecko

HSC
ok maths...
well i found the paper reasonable
my school has to alter some questions as we havent done geometrical applications so wasnt EXACTLY the same paper... still have trouble with questions like the last half of questions 10... more practice!!

lil dynamyt

HSC
I found the paper difficult. I did past cssa papers and i thought this one more challenging compared to the others. Most of my classmates thought it was harder than other past papers too.

AnthonyO

HSC
hey did anyone get the series one? That was crazy. other than that i found the test easy. It wasnt hard at all actually. finished 30 minutes to go, but that dam series question..... 10 and 9 were actually the easiest questions in the exam. I'm hoping for a 100 or above.

jannny

HSC
I found it hard, I lost hope and motivation at the end of the exam. When i got into question 10 b) I said bah fk this I will just check other sections whether i got anything wrong.

Probaby highest i can get is 90. i'd be happy with 75..

AnthonyO

HSC
i think they were a bit unfair. I mean im a 3 unit boy, and although that wasnt really challenging for me, i did syphasize with the 2 unit boys. I think they put a lot of hard questions in there. Even the easy ones had a lot of fractions and square root answers that leave doubt in your head. I think it was pretty unfair, but still, think of it this way if u found it hard so did everyone else, and since it is only ure rank that matters i wouldnt really worry. Just dont let it worry you, and focus on what's ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)