CSSA Ancient History Trial (1 Viewer)

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
I thought it was a very fair exam, although I should've studied Xerxes more. I'll get either in the high 60's or low 70's. Still, anyone who did adequate study should've found it easy. I did a bit of study yesterday only and still managed to answer most questions quite confidently.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
It was pretty fair. Apart for the questions for Section IV. The fact that its an essay and its worth 25 marks!

agrxx

HSC
What topics did everyone wish they'd studied harder for?
I found Augustan Age hard because I hardly studied it, if you do AA, what did you include in your answers?

Does anyone do Akhenaten? What did you write for your answers? I thought the questions were alright

iheartpie

HSC
agrxx said:
I found Augustan Age hard because I hardly studied it, if you do AA, what did you include in your answers?
I didn't like the Augustan Age questions, i did the one on the settlements. I didn't know much so i spoke about how he used the power he got from them to change things ... hopefully worth some marks

I didn't know anything about the forms of Julius Caesar ... made it all up, a lot of people at my school had the same problem. Hopefully I did ok in the core bit.

dat202hoe

HSC
So far in all of my exams, time management seems to be a big issue.

Ran out of time for the Hannibal question and the Rome 264-133 question.

Oh well. Aiming for 70-75%.

schmani

HSC
N/A
agrxx said:
It was a fair paper but i need to memorise more sources... i made up some.. XD

I did the settlements question, and included what he got in the settlement - ie; legitimate power, so he wasn't seen as a dictator and how he managed to gain total control of the empire through his power, and his control over the armed provinces/army.

agrxx

HSC
I did settlements too, I don't think I included much lol I'll really need to work on it for the HSC
how did you find cities of V & Akhenaten anyone? I want to know what people wrote I'm getting a bit paranoid about ittt

SpoonSamba

HSC
section 1 - pomp n herc - yeh i thought that was a pretty good lot of questions, did reasonably well. LOVED the first question lol

section 2 - Athenian Society - Easy except the 8 marker, which i just didnt know and so i guessed.

section 3 - Ramesses II - the question on the building scheme was ok, the modern images thing like WTF i had no idea what to write, also i could only remember one historian and his name is Assman, and that is y i remember him. got no idea what his argument was.

section 4 - julio claudians - changing role of princeps, i did like 10 minutes of study for this topic this morning, pretty effective 10minutes i reckon i did alright in this section.

all my exams r now done
:):):)

X

xeuyrawp

SpoonSamba said:
section 3 - Ramesses II - the question on the building scheme was ok, the modern images thing like WTF i had no idea what to write, also i could only remember one historian and his name is Assman, and that is y i remember him. got no idea what his argument was.
What was the picture?

thommy

HSC
N/A
SpoonSamba said:
section 1 - pomp n herc - yeh i thought that was a pretty good lot of questions, did reasonably well. LOVED the first question lol

section 2 - Athenian Society - Easy except the 8 marker, which i just didnt know and so i guessed.

section 4 - julio claudians - changing role of princeps, i did like 10 minutes of study for this topic this morning, pretty effective 10minutes i reckon i did alright in this section.

all my exams r now done
:):):)
I literally stared at the first question for about 3 minutes straight, just imagin if the whole exam was that easy! It was ridiculous, no complaints though lol!

Ramboysf5

HSC
section 1 - pomp & herc. if i had bothered to study more, i would of answered the first 2 questions confidently, the 3rd one about conservation the teacher gave us a hint it would be about that so i studied that so i answered it adequately.

section 2 - minoans, left it too late, didn't study accordingly... i had like 5 exams in a row and couldnt study on weekend as i was studying for maths.

section 3 - hannibal, decent, coulda done more if i knew the battle orders, realised after re-reading from a text book i got some battles mixed up.

section 4 - thought i would mind blank on the essay but ended up writing 5 pages.

hoping for 75+% =/ half yearlies i did really bad as i was away the week info on exams were given out, so i hope i redeem myself this time as i have studied.

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
Ramboysf5 said:
section 1 - pomp & herc. if i had bothered to study more, i would of answered the first 2 questions confidently
The first question had the answer like 5cm above it!

And I'm surprised everyone does such a random group of topics.
We do Spartan society, Greek time period (500-440BC) and Xerxes. It's awesome as everything overlaps so we can use the same info/sources in all of the sections.

Cam O

HSC
Wow my first post ever!
Usually I just like reading whatever you all have to say about things, but today I thought I may as well contribute.
I don't know about other areas, but for Historical Periods the question was great and simple- "Why did Greece win the Persian Wars" didn't even have to think on that that one
Un fortunately I cancelled that good bit out for bombing on Hatshepsut, even though we just did it in class like a week before.
So not too unhappy, like I was in Maths the other day.That was a true bomb!:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

X

xeuyrawp

Cam O said:
Wow my first post ever!
Usually I just like reading whatever you all have to say about things, but today I thought I may as well contribute.
I don't know about other areas, but for Historical Periods the question was great and simple- "Why did Greece win the Persian Wars" didn't even have to think on that that one
Un fortunately I cancelled that good bit out for bombing on Hatshepsut, even though we just did it in class like a week before.
So not too unhappy, like I was in Maths the other day.That was a true bomb!:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:
Welcome to the forum! :)

You may find that you did better in the Hatshepsut section than you think.

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
Cam O said:
"Why did Greece win the Persian Wars" didn't even have to think on that that one:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:
Yeah, that was a great question. Problem is I focused on the obscure things instead of the simple facts.

For example I went into detail about how Themistocles convinced Athens to build triremes ("wooden walls"), but I don't think I even mentioned the Battle of Plataea which was the most important battle of the Persian wars...argh.

candisnap

HSC
N/A
I thought it was pretty straightforward, just like modern was
ha i kept thinking that first question for P+H was a trick question

I had a feeling that the personalities one would be on historical interpretation, lucky though.
The question on the reasons for victory was good, considering thats the only thing i studied for Greece.
should try not to do that next time....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)