CSSA 2006 Trial (1 Viewer)

NickP101

HSC
I only got parts a i ii and b i done in q 7, went back to pick up some more marks after that. The test wasnt so bad, thought it had a good mixture of difficulty, i just made alot many dumb errors like factorising incorrectly haha soo depressing when u think about the paper after the exam and realise how dumb some of the things u did were. I hoping for around 80% prob between 75 and 80, if this was the hsc wat do you rekon that mark would be aligned to? (Just a ballpark figure)

vafa

HSC
N/A
am i allowed to publish the answeres?

NickP101

HSC
I would say not yet lol as im sure alot of kids took a sick day today and will be waiting for someone to leak some q's or answers on these forums. I know a couple kids from my class were 'sick' today lol.

P

pLuvia

vafa said:
am i allowed to publish the answeres?
No not yet, I will give the go signal to when I am informed about the security period being over ;)

Sober

HSC
I found some parts to be quite challenging, the only part that I had no idea with though was the last part of question 7.
As others have said, do not post the questions, I have competitors who have yet to sit it and they may be reading.

Last edited:

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
haha.. that was difficult..

missed out around 20 marks

.. hoping for more than 70 percent.. probably between 50 - 65 percent though

NickP101

HSC
Hmm id focus on the syllubus, most of it comes from there lol

Ragetallica

HSC
That was a hard test today.. i had ancient in the morning and this in the afternoon.. lame day

LockyD444

HSC
syllabus ay...whats that?
no really, like what topic have they put in question 7...dont say binomial proofs

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Riviet said:
Whoah, that was quite challenging compared to previous years, had to miss bits of things here and there but I think I did alright overall.

Did anyone get much of question 7 done?
I've managed to finish the binomial theorem/proof question, but the only managed to finish the first two parts of the projectile motion question. I didn't have enough time to finish the third part though, well- never had the time to draw that little triangle.

It was a pretty difficult paper though. I missed out some stuff.

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
It was a nice paper, good level of difficulty, but our school cut out 7b) because apparently we haven't learnt binominal theorem yet. But I had an attempt at the question, it was certainly doable, lost 4 marks now because they cut it out :mad1: I'll just hope for around 75% and above from this paper.

joeyassad

HSC
yeh im hopin for like 65-70% but probly more towards 60-65..

i did the 2005 exam in test conditions n i could do everything except q7, which i stil pulld out a few marks... this one was definately much harder..

also, because i did accelerated 2u maths las yr, so ive forgotten alot of the 2u stuff that was on there.. i prepared for some 2u to be thrown in there but not from those particular topics.. argh ah well.. over it..

Tbomb2k

T.K
HSC
Yeh i am hoping to get 90% in this test.... but that is a hope, i know i won't even get 50% because i didn't even answer 50% of the questions lol.

I gave up... this is the first test i have ever failed, my worst exam was english where i got 55%, but that was only worth 15% and this test was worth 40%!!! FUK I AM SCREWED!

I was coming 2nd in 3U in my class at 85%, now, from one test i have blown it :( would definitly drop at least 5 places in my ranking from this and would get around 65% in the course.

I always do worst in english and best in maths, now it has changed in one exam block... ARGH! I should get over it and study for physics.

Tom

JhK89

HSC
well i totally screwed this test bad.... actually did better since i studied but i still failed lol

vafa

HSC
N/A
joeyassad said:
yeh im hopin for like 65-70% but probly more towards 60-65..

i did the 2005 exam in test conditions n i could do everything except q7, which i stil pulld out a few marks... this one was definately much harder..

also, because i did accelerated 2u maths las yr, so ive forgotten alot of the 2u stuff that was on there.. i prepared for some 2u to be thrown in there but not from those particular topics.. argh ah well.. over it..

The answer the last question of CSSA 2005:

1+x+x^2+x^3+...+x^(2n-1)
this is a geometric series
s=(x^(2n)-1)/(x-1)=((x^2)^n-1)/(x-1)

x^2-x-1=0
so x^2=x+1
s= ((x+1)^n-1)/x-1
x^2-x-1=0
x^2-x=1
x(x-1)=1
x-1=x^-1

s= ((sigma(from r=0 to n)x^r)-1)/x^-1

s=x(sigma(from r=1 to n)x^r)
s=sigma(from r=1 to n) x^(r+1)

H

housemouse

AS for the last question, I was expecting something rather difficult however it was only the last bit to part a) that stumped me. Could not think of what to do and ran out of time.

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
I am so angry lol, I found the test not insanely bad but harder than any of the past papers I had done. The thing which stuffed me was that i was going WTF at the questions and lost like 10 min at the start which I never gained back.

When the supervisor said pens down I had just down part a) i) of Q7 and I was like IT STILL HAS 30 SECONDS CAAAMON

But to no avail, well all we can do now is wait till we get them back.

But as someone said........oh god Ext II still to come........Let the doom commence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)