• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSSA 2005 trial (1 Viewer)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Sweets said:
Umm personally, esp with regards to the essay its much better if you can write more. In the half yearlys the only people who got 24 or higher wrote more then a booklet. You need a certain ammount of content to answer the question adequetly. Normally with the creative it doesn't really matter but the Genre question had lots of components to it and maybe she needed 9 pages to express her idea. Get over it. You must be a brilliant writer to be able to articulate everything in in 4.5 pages. Considering we have an hour I think its probably wise to write alot.
Perhaps he wasn't using booklets?

ishq

brown?
HSC
Talk in terms of words people! The whole paper thing is confusing - we use HSC booklets and I needed a couple.
I wrote about 2000 for the essay and 1800 for the story.
Compare.

:D

scoby_2000

HSC
well its always been my experience that its quality over quantity no matter what

wateva the case...

i wrote 5 pages, she wrote 10...i bet our marks were not that different...

only time will tell

p.s - i am very articulate :D

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I also believe in quality over quantity and maybe this particular person just has quantity but personally I like to have both and my av in ext is 97, so its working for me.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Its not quality over quantity.

As Sphynx (a very articulate BOS'er) says, Quality in enough Quantity will do the trick.

And Sweets:
How can your average in extension be 97: Its a one-unit ocurse. Out of 50, my dear :D

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Sweets said:
But even so 10 pages in a booklet does not = 4.5 A4 pages.

I wrote 2000 for the essay and about 1600 for the creative.
Actually, yes, it does, in my handwriting anyway. I wrote 6.5 A4 for the essay and that's roughly equivalent to the 1.5 8-page booklets I've used for other subjects.

Last edited:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
pfftt, i wasn't even talking about you. Get over it, you don't need to constantly try to prove yourself. I'm sure you are a english ext rockstar and your essay rocks, i truly hope you blitz your exam...

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Sweets said:
pfftt, i wasn't even talking about you. Get over it, you don't need to constantly try to prove yourself. I'm sure you are a english ext rockstar and your essay rocks, i truly hope you blitz your exam...
What the hell are you talking about? Are you that immature that you can't even carry on an intelligent discussion, having to resort to such petty primary school playground calls simply because I disagree with you? I saw you rip into that guy because he only wrote about 4 pages, screaming at him to "get over it", and I quite clearly saw that you were wrong, so I replied. At the very least, however, I kept it civil, unlike you.

No, I think it's you that keeps trying to prove yourself. Learn to accept other people's opinions, which will sometimes conflict. In those immortal words of yours, get over it.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Umm you are the one who keeps on persisting with this discussion, even though it became redundant a while ago. And I did not 'rip into him', I just told him that some like to have quality and quantity and on that note, you wearn't exactly involved in the discussion were you.

I was wrong. Talk about primary school. There is no right or wrong in 'disccussion', as you so eloquently put it.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Sweets said:
Umm you are the one who keeps on persisting with this discussion, even though it became redundant a while ago. And I did not 'rip into him', I just told him that some like to have quality and quantity and on that note, you wearn't exactly involved in the discussion were you.

I was wrong. Talk about primary school. There is no right or wrong in 'disccussion', as you so eloquently put it.
Um...I think you should look up the word "forum" in the dictionary. I don't need an exclusive pass to involve myself.

May I also point out that he never asked your opinion, so really, according to your bizarre logic, you weren't involved either. Next time I'll be sure to ask your permission to involve myself :rolleyes:

I suggest you learn to accept the fact that in life not everyone will agree with you. I know it's hard, but you know, we "get over it".

Last edited:

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I wrote approximately 1300 words for the creative, and 1500 for the exam. Or thereabouts,.

gorgo31

HSC
Jayphen said:
I wrote approximately 1300 words for the creative, and 1500 for the exam. Or thereabouts,.
soooooooo good!

sorry, couldn't resist (avatar)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)