CSSA 2005 Legal Studies Trial (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
As I won't be able to post up this thread tomorrow I'll do it now
Discuss after you've finished on how you went etc.

Good luck everyone!

I have IPT in the morning
so that means 6 hours of exams 2moro :eek:

Lazarus said:
Attention all students wishing to discuss or to otherwise review the 2005 CSSA trial papers.

The reproduction of entire examination papers constitutes an infringement of the copyright in the work: s 36 of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). It is not permitted. To this end, I have removed all links to whole examination papers.

Reproducing a "reasonable portion" of the exam for the purposes of research or study may be permissible: s 40. Note that the relevant purpose is that of the person who is reproducing the work; it is not sufficient to be publishing the work for the research or study of others. Unless you are personally asking for assistance with a specific question, any reproduction of the paper is likely to be an infringement.

Infringement may also be avoided where portions of the exam are reproduced for the purposes of criticism or review: s 41. It is not sufficient to merely reproduce questions for the critique and review of the public at large; the criticism or review must be genuine and must have a real connection with the reproduction. You would need to be personally undertaking some sort of critique or review of particular questions.

Solutions which are wholly the work of students may continue to be published.

Last edited by a moderator:

radhika87

Pro
HSC
goan_crazy said:
As I won't be able to post up this thread tomorrow I'll do it now
Discuss after you've finished on how you went etc.

Good luck everyone!

I have IPT in the morning
so that means 6 hours of exams 2moro :eek:
Please give me hints when you've done it. I'm doing it the day after you.
Good Luck!

alessandra

HSC
i hope we get really general essay questions not specific things!

goan_crazy

HSC
radhika87 said:
Please give me hints when you've done it. I'm doing it the day after you.
Good Luck!
no sorry
that would be you CHEATING! :p

goan_crazy

HSC
exquisite_lust said:
*YAY*
*Cheers for people not cheating!*
its the right thing to do
I dont want my legal trial cancelled like 2days english at some schools

_JoHNnY_

Supreme Member
HSC
yeh i got IPT in the morning too. man i am so stuffed, how teacher changed the family law essay but like he wouldnt tell us the question... at least after tomoro i only have maths on monday then its 7 days off.....i hate ipt

goan_crazy

HSC
_JoHNnY_ said:
yeh i got IPT in the morning too. man i am so stuffed, how teacher changed the family law essay but like he wouldnt tell us the question... at least after tomoro i only have maths on monday then its 7 days off.....i hate ipt
yeah after 2moro all ill have is maths on mon and business on wed
then 5 days off :)

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
goan_crazy said:
yeah after 2moro all ill have is maths on mon and business on wed
then 5 days off :)
Uhuh :) After legal it'll be maths ancient five days off then extension. Three hours of legal. Dayum. The only part im slightly worried about is consumers and family long responce. Ah well. Good luck tomorrow everyone!!

goan_crazy

HSC
I'm going out straight after my exam...i dont have anything after the two exams 2moro until next monday :D

But first ive gotta survive tomorrow :mad:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
My independent legal was fucking easy as.

Don't worry, you'll be right.

Know your cases, legislation and concepts and you'll be hot ;)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Some last minute cases/legislation for family:

Evidence Act 1995 (NSW): same sex couples, unlike married and heterosexual de facto couples, can be compelled to give evidence against their spouse - evidence of continuity in the legal system.

Hope and Brown v NIB Health Insurance Ltd (1994): A precedent allowing same sex couples to be treated as a family unit for the purposes of medical insurance - evidence of effective change in the legal system, as well as culture, values and ethics.

Human Tissue Act 1983 (NSW): Allows same sex partners to be listed as each other's "senior next of kin" if cohabitation has been occurring - evidence of positive change in regard to culture, values and ethics, as well as change.

Family Provisions Act 1982 (NSW): Allows same sex partners to contest the wills of their deceased spouse - evidence of effective change and culture, values and ethics that are more in line with changed community standards and expectations.

Wills, Probate and Administration Act 1898 (NSW): Allows the child of a deceased step-parent to contest a will - evidence of effective change and culture, values and ethics that are more in line with changed community standards and expectations.

Guardianship Act 1987 (NSW): Allows same sex partners to make decisions for each other in the event that one of them lose their capacity to make or indicate decisions - evidence of effective change and culture, values and ethics that are more in line with changed community standards and expectations.

1992 NSWLRC report entitled Family Law and Multiculturalism: Suggested against allowing polygamous marriages carried out in other nations where they are legally valid to be legally valid in Australia - evidence of law reform taking into account the changing composition of society.

s.72 of Family Law Act 1975 (Cth): allows people involved in a polygamous marriage entered into overseas to apply for matrimonial relief if they are naturalised - evidence of the changing composition of society as well as change.

s.50 of Family Law Act 1975 (Cth): 'Kiss and make up clause' - effective in ensuring the legitimacy of the 'irretrievable breakdown of marriage'. Also, there is the requirement for couples together less than two years to attend counselling before dissolving the marriage.

Victim Support and Rehabilitation Act 1996 (NSW): Broadens the definition of "family victim", allowing the surviving partner of a same sex relationship to apply for up to $50,000 compensation of their partner died as a result of homicide - evidence of effective change and positive moves in regard to culture, values and ethics.

Education Reform Amendment (School Discipline) Act 1995: Prohibits the use of corporal punishment in schools - effective in reaching out to children in an attempt to co-operate with them and reduce conflict. Truancy officers and police officers are also effective in making children co-operate.

Child Support Agency (CSA): Under the auspices of the NSW Tax Office and in line with Child Support Scheme 1988, can garnish the wages of biological parents who refuse to pay child maintenance - effective in ensuring co-operation.

Move to de-emphasise spousal maintenance, as evidenced by Rowan and Rowan (1977): Effective in light of the fact that many biological parents are already financially crippled by child maintenance payments - takes into account the changing composition of society and the increasing numbers of working mothers.

Anti-discrimination measures: Same sex, de facto and other couples which have been discriminated against have various avenues at their disposal: the Equal Opportunity Division of the Administrative Decisions Tribunal (ADT), and appeals under legislation such as the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) and the Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) – effective in ensuring equality; is also in line with changing community standards and expectations, which have given rise to the need for more liberal culture, values and ethics.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
hmm...half of these i haven't heard before...

i'm like joe... ipt and legal on the same day and the same time...
more study- back to work...

volition

arr.
HSC
Yeah I just finished the exam. I guess I went alright, some of the multiple choice questions probably tripped me up because I could usually get it down to 2 out of the 4, but it would just be hard for me to tell which one was right. But I guess I did fairly well in all the other sections, the short answer section was alright, and I wrote a total of 36 pages for the other stuff (Crime, Family, Workplace)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)