CSSA 2005 Essays (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
seremify007 said:
In our trials... for one essay top mark was 18... the head teacher was realllllllly angry with us ><
Imo, the head teacher isn't justified in being angry - your teacher may have marked it more harshly, the question may have been more difficult than in previous years...who knows.

=slade=

HSC
seremify007 said:
In our trials... for one essay top mark was 18... the head teacher was realllllllly angry with us ><
huh? why was he cranky? do you mean cos he expected higher? thats harsh if he does, it wasnt that bad. shouldnt he only be mad about the lowest class mark?

June87

HSC
HayleeKate said:
I got 19 1/2 for q27 which I would happily offer you, except that its my case study, so unless you're doing Japan, the strategies and hence pretty much the whole essay will be useless to you.
My second essay from the trial [19/20] is from the Independent Trial, if someones looking for those, its the unemployment stimulus one. Interested anyone?
Hey HayleeKate, my case study is japan. can i have a look at your essay?
thx!

Gustus

HSC
My Comments on your MP and FP essay

=slade= said:
these are some practise ones i have done, obviously its really long, but thought it might help someone

any comments are appreciated!
MP and FP - my comments

your knowledge is very broad, it definently covers all the ec. objectives (something I'm struggling with) but it lacks depth in talking about the present stance towards MP and FP. It seems to be very text-booky in the way it lists each objective instead of presenting an intergrated response that DISCUSSES their effectivness.

My way of looking at this is that its like English for example ( I could be wrong ), in english we are expected to create our own thesis', and we can question things like textual integrity etc, after just answering the 2005 CSSA Macro-policy question, I found that the question asked us to ANALYSE, this allows for scope to even critise the recent Budget decisions of the government. Your Question says, DISCUSS, which also allows for a point of view to be taken, even though both sides need to looked at. When looking at most questions or that list of terms we are all given, most of the words telling you what to do, expect a POV to be taken.

For example, in my response the CSSA question i critisd the governments 05/06, budget for pursuing higher levels of EG and attempting to reduce the amount of unskilled workers, which is going to be imposed by the tax cuts that are going to put $3.1 miilion in to the ec. next year, but these cuts will also lead to a growing gap in the distribution of Y and wealth. The budget also includes the "Welfare to Work" porgrame which is going to lead to an increase in hidden unemplyment due to a decrease in the lab. force participation rate.

Your essay apears to say at the beginning and end that the government must comprimise certain things in order to achieve other goals, but it lacks detail in this area.

These things I have given examples of aren't the average text-book notions, but when you look at the components that lead to hidden U and issues in the dist. of Y the current budget is the ultimate perpatrator.

I believe this perspective is going to make an essy unique, rather than text-book-rewrote. You don't have to be against what the govt is doing, you just need to make it more of a personal response, (thats not in 1st person).

This is jsut my question to everyone, I don't understand why Micro - economic reform has been places in this Macro essay. Do we have to put Micro-reform in an essay like this?

Haku

good point, but all the essay which most people write are like that anywayz.

Melon2204

HSC
hey...im doing a case study on Japan , buh im lacking in eco i was wondering if u cud help, im doing japan as well..buh errrr i need to finish it by tomorro lol thanks hit me on gasolina_kurls2204@hotmail.com cuz i dun relali chek this website

HayleeKate said:
I got 19 1/2 for q27 which I would happily offer you, except that its my case study, so unless you're doing Japan, the strategies and hence pretty much the whole essay will be useless to you.
My second essay from the trial [19/20] is from the Independent Trial, if someones looking for those, its the unemployment stimulus one. Interested anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)