CSSA 2005 -- a trend... (1 Viewer)

justchillin

HSC
People this is in no way arrogant but, in my opinion, this year's CSSA was relatively easy compared to other years... could this be a trend for the HSC?? Hopefully not... as school mathematics has grown over the years, the modern student should be acredited with a hard HSC exam ~ it's like the sports of the modern day... it's becoming more competitive and thus the exams should be made harder to suit.:)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
According to my teacher, the 2004 CSSA paper was "fair", as was the 2005 paper (which imo was probably mildly easier than the 2004 paper). The 2002 paper was rather difficult in comparison though. From that, I guess you could extrapolate that the CSSA papers are getting easier from year to year. Whether that will extend to a noticeable pattern or not is difficult to say.

Last year's HSC paper was also "fair", but there hasn't really been a noticeable pattern of declining difficulty in the HSC papers unlike with the CSSA papers. We'll have to look at the 2005 paper to find out.

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
My teacher also claims that the 2005 CSSA paper was fair.
I thought it was the toughest exam of my life.
I also think that you can't talk about trends with such limited experience and knowledge of past papers and the 'system' that governs them in general. So, just study and keep your fingers crossed. So far I've only been doing the latter.

justchillin

HSC
Thanks for the advice...though the toughest exam of your life; you musnt have done many killers :)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
justchillin said:
Thanks for the advice...though the toughest exam of your life; you musnt have done many killers :)
I think it was CSSA 1997 (or possible 1999) that I've done worst in so far...far more difficult than the 2005 paper. Though I'm guessing JRAHS papers would be even more difficult than that.

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
justchillin said:

That paper was the 2nd 4u paper I had ever sat. So yeh, the hardest :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)