CSSA (2002) and Independent Paper (2001) (1 Viewer)

c00kiezncreme

hey guys!
need ur help, do any of u's have the answers for the CSSA (2002) and/or Independent Paper (2001) I just want the multiple choice answers from the paper.

if u want to look @ the papers, they are under the IPT download section on the site..

if u have the answers, please put them up!!

Thanks! :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'll download and do them now.

I wont explain my choices, sorry, but use my answers to double check with yours and see what you get :)

2002 CSSA IPT Trial
1. A
2. C
3. D
4. A
5. C
6. C
7. D
8. A
9. C
10. A
11. B
12. D
13. A
14. C
15. D
16. C
17. B
18. D
19. A
20. A

2001 Independent IPT Trial
(Great, the pdf isn't even the right side up)

1. B
2. A
3. C
4. A
5. C
6. D
7. C
8. B
9. C
10. A
11. C
12. C
13. C
14. B
15. A
16. B
17. D
18. C
19. A
20. D

I want my 30 minutes back, LOL :p
30 mins for 40 multiple choice Qs isn't bad, considering I'm supposed to spend 80 minutes (2x40) all up if I were to do the two papers separately.

Just shaved 50 minutes off my multiple choice time. :)

Last edited:

c00kiezncreme

Thank u so much, Huy =)

most of ur answers matched with mine, but the ones that didnt...ur answers are probably right!

Thanks alot again!

man, u know ur IPT stuff soooo well!! wat do u do?! how do u study?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by c00kiezncreme
Thank u so much, Huy =) most of ur answers matched with mine, but the ones that didnt...ur answers are probably right!
Thanks alot again! man, u know ur IPT stuff soooo well!! wat do u do?! how do u study?
Not a problem Cookies'n'Creme :)

Everyone studies differently, I'm more of a "textbook reader and regurgitator" because quite simply, they can only ask you questions based on the syllabus. (And textbooks generally adhere to the syllabus content).

I don't analyse/study the syllabus or anything, but I know where the textbook (I use Heinemann) links in with the syllabus topic.

Other than that, I'm like everybody else, I do homework, I read the text, I grasp a concept and I apply it in scenarios.

Also, I guess this is 'my trick' -- I know the subheadings and categories for different Core/Option topics, so you can try to learn that way if visuals and images help you, (I remember reading about that on <this> page, it had a diagram labelled with ___, ___ and _______ which comes directly after "implementation" or something). :)

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tigerboi
huy stays home all day and reads ipt text books for pleasure
Shut up, I'm at school all day and I'm there most mornings bright and early, and oftentimes I stay back at school to work behind the scenes and to do things you don't even appreciate.

I read the IPT text to revise my work, I don't take pleasure in "turning to page 115". Quit antagonising me already.

HSC :(

question 4

hai
i was jus wonderin bout yr answer for question 4?
i thought it would be A
can u get bak to me on this plz?
thanx a bunch

HSC :(

oops

hey dont owryr bout qyestion 4
look at question 5, wouldnt this be a gender equity problem? rather then changing nature of workplace?
get bak to me as soon as u can
thanx

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HSC :(
hai
i was jus wonderin bout yr answer for question 4?
Which paper? 2002 CSSA or 2001 Independent Trial. If you are talking about:

CSSA: That's what I had, A.
Independent: I answered D, because B and C include feasiblity studies, which are not required in the project plan, but later on in 'Making Decisions'. So that leaves A and D as possible answers.

4 A new business seeks to computerise all of its business activities. It employs a team of people to understake the task. The team developes a project plan. The project plan would include:

(A) Gantt charts, funding plans and communication plans.
(B) Training manuals, funding plans, and a feasibility study
(C) Project goals, communication plans and a feasibility study
(D) Project goals, Gantt charts and training manuals.

I think you are right with this one, (it has been a while since I had completed this Multiple Choice/paper). Project management includes the project plan, and the project plan includes project goals, deliverables and schedules (Gantt charts).

I had disregarded A because it included "communication plans" -- which I haven't heard of. They would be more correctly called Communication Skills and Strategies. But now that I look at (D), this included Training Manuals which are not included in the Project Plan, so yes, A is correct, as it includes Gantt charts (schedule), Funding plans (Project goals), as well as Communication plans (skills and strategies such as Active Listening, Conflict Resolution, Interview Techniques and Team Building). :)

look at question 5, wouldnt this be a gender equity problem? rather then changing nature of workplace?
Yes, this is about equity (as stipulated in the Marking Guidelines for the 2002 CSSA Trial).

Equity, from my understanding, strictly adheres to this definition:
"Equity concerns equal rights for all. It means that all people should have equal access to the benefits of information technology."

However, the range of possible answers did not specify gender equity explicitly, just 'equity', which is why I disregarded it at first and decided to go with the changing nature of work (obviously incorrect, now that I look at the question). I wanted to do the entire multiple choice (both 2001 Independent and 2002 CSSA for cookies'n'creme so that he would have something to work with, instead of finding definite answers :))

"Gender equity is a concern to many people. They argue that women are not taking advantage of information technology in the same numbers as men. Significantly fewer women than men have informtion technology careers", so yes, you are correct. :)

and explain question 20 too?
Which paper? 2002 CSSA or 2001 Independent.

I don't have the 2001 Independent on me, but I do have the 2002 CSSA. If it's Q20 from 2002 CSSA, then I can answer that.

20 A service engineer wants to install an internal LAN network using a star topology. What would the central computer be connected to?

(A) Hub
(B) Router
(C) Gateway
(D) Bridge

Taking a look at our definitions:

Bridge - a combination of hardware/software used to link two similar networks.

Gateway - a combination of hardware/software used to link two different types of networks.

Router - a device which determines where to send data packets between at least two networks

Hub - a central connecting device in a network. Data arrives at the hub from one/more devices and is forwarded out from one cable.

There are 3 key points that you should have underlined in the question.

1. Internal LAN, therefore that gets rid of Gateway and Bridge, leaving Hub and Router.

2. Star topology, which would then get rid of Router, as a router will need two networks, (router is also removed as a possible answer from the hint given by the use of Internal LANs).

Finally,

3. Central computer ... connected to. A hub, by definition is a central connecting device in a network. (it can be used in an Internal LAN, which fits the question).

Therefore, a hub (A) is connected to the central computer, using a star topology, in an internal LAN. The other answers (router, bridge and gateway) require two or more networks, and it says nothing about two similar or different networks, with which the engineer will be installing the hub on/to. :)

and explain question 20 too?
CSSA: My answer/reasoning is above, but if you were talking about the 2001 Independent paper, then:

20. Unwanted duplicate data is often referred to as:

(A) Integral data
(B) Duplicate data
(C) Invalid data
(D) Redundant data

My answer had been D. Integral data isn't in the syllabus, and does not 'exist'. Duplicate data has already been given to you in the question, so that isn't even possible.

That is,
"Unwanted duplicata data is often referred to as:

(B) Duplicate data
I doubt it, "duplicate data is duplicate data" ;)

Invalid data isn't true, data is still valid if it is duplicated, as you are still duplicating "valid" data, but it decreases the system's efficiency in searching/sorting files in the database/data store.

It is known as redundant data, because:

Data redundancy is the undesirable duplication of data within a database, by definition. This sounds very similar to the "unwanted duplication of data" -> "undesirable duplication of data". So the answer is D :)

I hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by asymptote03
Huy....do u have 2002 Independent trial Multi choice Ans?
I don't believe I have that paper, no.

If it's not on BOS, then I wouldn't have the paper (to complete the M/C section for you).

I'll go have a look now (I have a pile of IPT papers that I had completed, I don't really pay attention to which paper it is, if it's Trial or HSC, or if it's CSSA/Ind/ARC or what not, I just do it hehehe :))

What I do have:

* 2001 HSC Specimen Paper Q&A

* 2002 HSC Specimen Paper Q
^ Only Question 25 and 28

* 2001 CSSA Trial Q&A
* 2002 CSSA Trial Q

* 2001 HSC Exam Paper Q&A
* 2002 HSC Exam Paper Q&A

* 2001 ARC Trial Q
* 2002 ARC Trial Q

* 2001 Independent Trial Q
* 2001 Barker College Trial Q&A
* 2001 Edmund Rice College Trial Q&A

* 2002 Unknown Trial (from BOS)

* SuccessOne Chapter 1 Trial Q

where Q means that I have all the questions, and A means that I have the marking guideline/sample answers to go with the Questions.

I've done about 7 IPT past (Trial and HSC) papers, all the multiple choice as far as I know, and bits and pieces of Q21-24, 25 and 28 from various papers, according to what I feel like doing, etc.

But sorry, I don't have the 2002 Independent paper, (I can't do the MC without it :)), as I go to a Catholic school (we only do CSSA papers for our Trials).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)