• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSE Printing - Paid Quota (1 Viewer)

gman03

HSC
I'm either cbf or too chicken to go to CSE to ask this, so hopefully you people can help me..

I'm just wondering say I buy 200 pages for my CSE account and my free printing quota has not been use up yet. If later on (within the same semester) I do some printing then which quota will be deducted? the paid ones or the free ones?

Also on the web site it said paid quota get carries over semester... But say I still have some paid quota left by the end of semester but I will not enroll into any COMP course next semester, what would happen to it?

You help would be appreciated.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I'm not sure in either case, but why buy paper (you get so much anyway)?

gman03

HSC
We will get 250 pages apparently, but just incase I will print hell lots of physics notes...

Tried to print pdfs this morning.... misused xpdf, now my notes are missing theta, pie, rho, kappa ... all the greek letters... silly me, i spent half of my elec lecture doing "fill the gap" excercises

sunny

meh.
HSC
To clarify:

ALL paid quota (print/IPQ) carries over as long as it is not used. All free quota is used before your paid quota.

All free quota that comes with your subjects do not carry over.

The number of pages you get depends on the number of COMP subjects you do.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Out of interest:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/faq/questions/print-quota.html said:
Base allocation is 100 pages, plus 150 pages per COMP or SENG subject (some subjects have higher allocations). At the start of session you will be initially allocated the base 100 pages, plus 20% of the subject allocation, for the period up to the HECS census date. After the HECS census date, the remaining 80% of the subject allocation is made available.

gman03

HSC
McLake said:
Out of interest:
Thanks Mr McLake, I surely read that before posting my newbie question, but that did not answer to my doubts.

Btw I'm getting 30% instead of the 20% said in the link....

Also I just realised I wasted my 100 pages in last semester, simply i did not know that my cse account <b>has already been</b> set up last semester.... thou i did not enroll into any comp subjects. I was pretty confused when I was checkin the 134 emails last monday :confused:

Also does anyone know are there any lab (apart from the tuba lab) that has computer with USB slot?

sunny

meh.
HSC
gman03 said:
Also does anyone know are there any lab (apart from the tuba lab) that has computer with USB slot?
I can't tell you the names off the top of my head, but there are many labs that have USB. All the ones that are the Dell machines and the new IBM machines have them. Some of the older ones have them as wlel.

|Axis_

HSC
hey gman03 ;)

y dont u try to save trees: mlpr -16 -Pitch file.ps :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
Anything more than -4 just becomes impossible to read :p

|Axis_

HSC
btw, has anyone else here ever used pdf2ps to print out physics notes? how come after i convert it, then use mlpr, the first page doesnt get printed?? has anyone else gotten this problem?

oh.. and um.. how do u guys change those words above ur avartar? just wonderin, u know.. im perfectly happy with New Member..

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
|Axis_ said:
btw, has anyone else here ever used pdf2ps to print out physics notes? how come after i convert it, then use mlpr, the first page doesnt get printed?? has anyone else gotten this problem?

oh.. and um.. how do u guys change those words above ur avartar? just wonderin, u know.. im perfectly happy with New Member..
I already use mlpr -2 and I do save trees.. I also want to save my eye sight :p

Yes I got missing 1st page for physics as well from using pdf2ps.. but I have to live with that cuz in the first time i used xpdf and all the theta s are gone...

For the avatar, you should refer to the Forum's FAQ here

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
gman03 said:
Thanks Mr McLake, I surely read that before posting my newbie question, but that did not answer to my doubts.
I was posting that in answer to mr_speedy's question.

gman03

HSC
|Axis_ said:

Wait a minute, I think I know you. You are from EBHS aren't you? I guess you are the person who is doing Computer Engineering and planning to combine it with maths, aren't you?

If you are the person I was thinking about then my above response to your post made absolutely no sense.. i mean I just discussed that with u in Tuba this afternoon...

If you are not the person I think you are then ignore the message.... but judging from your DOB you got to be Jing.

|Axis_

HSC
gman03 said:
Wait a minute, I think I know you. You are from EBHS aren't you? I guess you are the person who is doing Computer Engineering and planning to combine it with maths, aren't you?

If you are the person I was thinking about then my above response to your post made absolutely no sense.. i mean I just discussed that with u in Tuba this afternoon...

If you are not the person I think you are then ignore the message.... but judging from your DOB you got to be Jing.

??? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)