crusades (1 Viewer)

clerisy

HSC
We're doing the Crusades as our case study. Considering that for the entire first term we talked in extremely, extremely, extremely basic terms about what happened in the Crusades without even mentioning a historian, I'm after anyone's suggestions of appropriate historians I could research over the holidays to use. Please?

Thanking in advance...

jaNetix

dont worry i had 3 classes in that first term....talk about worried...

but we all (well most) managed to do fine!!

we so did no where as much work as we were meant to in a course like this!!!!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
we jus did herodotus and thucydides in first term(term 4), as well as 2 essays, i think crusades will b a much l8a topic 4 us

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Remember that the Crusades was a 'Holy War' involving the Christians of Europe, where the Pope was the commander in chief in many respects, and the Muslims who had 'defiled' the holy land, lead by Saladin.

Now, it should be known to you that not many people (if any people) knew how to write back then. in fact, the clergy was the only sort of people you could find who could write... then there were scribes to those of royal blood.

therefore, i would suggest that looking for pieces written by primarily by Priests. there would be some amazing biases there. i'm sure you could find a book somewhere, possibly through the internet... amazon.com or something perhaps?

good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)