Cronulla Beach Incident (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
banco55 said:
Ahhh the beauty of large scale muslim immigration. Just ask Western Europe (particuarly France) how well that works out.
The comparison between Western Europe, in particular France is completely invalid. The events in France, detail what the non-existence of a policy such as multiculturalism will do. Since in France there is no such thing as being Algerian-French, you can only be French-French. It also was a result of socio-economic dispartiy. If you wanted to compare it to Australian events, the parrallel would probably emerge with the Redfern riots not these events.

The problem here isn't Muslims, we don't even know if the individuals are Muslim only that they are of 'middle eastern appearance', which is quite a broad scope. And even if they are, the issue has nothing to do with that, it is rather their anti-social behaviour.

This whole situation has just become a place for people to air their own grivences. Yesterdays riots showed that, there were people there from Penrith, Neo-Nazi's, politicians, all trying to further their own agenda.

I have to say that Premier Iemma's press conference was just pathetic. He is such a bad orator, he was flustered, stutering, constantly repeating the same information. Pathetic.

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
midnight_magick said:
understatement ;)

this whole thing is gonna make me afraid to go out because im part of an ethnic minority.

mate I am a pure aussie and I am afraid to go to that beach. this is yrs of tention letting out

banco55

HSC
Sweets said:
The comparison between Western Europe, in particular France is completely invalid. The events in France, detail what the non-existence of a policy such as multiculturalism will do. Since in France there is no such thing as being Algerian-French, you can only be French-French. It also was a result of socio-economic dispartiy. If you wanted to compare it to Australian events, the parrallel would probably emerge with the Redfern riots not these events.

The problem here isn't Muslims, we don't even know if the individuals are Muslim only that they are of 'middle eastern appearance', which is quite a broad scope. And even if they are, the issue has nothing to do with that, it is rather their anti-social behaviour.
You're correct about France but countries that have adopted a policy of multiculturalism in Europe like the netherlands, Germany, UK etc have still had big problems with their muslim populations. I think you can make the argument that muslims are much more difficult to integrate into western societies than other immigrant groups. The Chinese and Vietnamese for example integrate much better than Muslims. For example the Chinese/Vietnamese don't have the backward views about women that the muslims have.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
This whole situation has just become a place for people to air their own grivences. Yesterdays riots showed that, there were people there from Penrith, Neo-Nazi's, politicians, all trying to further their own agenda.
Keep in mind that some of a 'middle eastern appearance' also used yesterday's events to further their own cause. There's nothing to be gained by suggesting that this is all flowing along a one-way street.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Generator said:
Keep in mind that some of a 'middle eastern appearance' also used yesterday's events to further their own cause. There's nothing to be gained by suggesting that this is all flowing along a one-way street.
I totally agree. Everyone who was involved in did that to a degree. Those youths who went rioting last night, just used it to further their own agenda for violence.

HSC
N/A
Fucking hell, the Cops should just find every person who looks like causing trouble and beat them to a pulp

leb, aussie - I don't give a fuck

Neo-Nazis, insane Lebs, all groups have people bearing weapons.

Just shoot them, do Australia a favour.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
It did, the aussies went through Cronulla - and a gang of Lebs, to get back at said aussies - went through Maroubra, setting cars on fire and beating up people. Why? Because apparently the surfers and working class caucasian fellas of Cronulla and the wider Shire are the same the middle class multicultural citizens of the Eastern Suburbs.

= Jennifer =

HSC
White Rabbit said:
It did, the aussies went through Cronulla - and a gang of Lebs, to get back at said aussies - went through Maroubra, setting cars on fire and beating up people. Why? Because apparently the surfers and working class caucasian fellas of Cronulla and the wider Shire are the same the middle class multicultural citizens of the Eastern Suburbs.

according to the ch 9 report the reason why they retaliated in maroubra was because the bra boys made a comment earlier in the week that they had their area under control also, according to the report no cars were lit on fire, tyres were slashed and windows were broken

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh yes, damn penrith low-lives, they should stick out of our beautiful town! Right?

= Jennifer =

HSC
SashatheMan said:
tell me , do russian people looks more like aussies or lebs? i dont want to be mistaken

depends on what you look like. Also, it was reported that a guy who was italian and didnt look middle eastern at all still got bashed

= Jennifer =

HSC
Gummy_bear said:
hmm..john howard is claiming that the riots arent racial and dont have anything to do with race.
he is in denial

how can he explain the photo of a man with a shirt that says "ethnic cleansing unit"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)