Croatian Continuers (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
im not quite sure that any of the other 12 people in the state who do croatian read this but i thought i would vent anyway..
the exam was pretty good they got inspiration for the listening and responding nexts from our speaking examinations (our marker was the person who wrote the hsc) so it made things a bit easier..
its kinda lame how they give us 3 pages to write 200-250 words when i fit 320 on 2 pages (yes i had time to count)
i had to use headphones because other language exams were in the hall and like during the listening and responding they give an amount of minutes to respond then when he started speaking again i always jumped because it was so sudden
i asked the examiner at the end for another paper and an exam so i have my souvernier from the exam yay :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
hahaha i don't do croatian but i found i jumped too!! i'd be concentrating on writing down answers and i'd be half way through one when the guy started talking again. i looked up to see if the supervisor had seen me and she just had this big grin on her face! how embarrassing!! :)

did you only have one writing section? in spanish we have three - one replying to written material (ours was an advertisement) - 150-200 words, and two other questions - 100-150 words.

both question 12 and 13 had two parts and you get to choose which part you do. it was ok.

glad to hear your exam wasn't too bad!! :D

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm we had a writing section with an advertisement about a meeting to bring croatian youth together at a club.. and you had to write a speech on what you would say to people at the meeting (which was good because i went to a forum like 3 weeks ago at the cro club trying to come up with events to bring croatian youth together so i used a bunch from that) (10 marks, 150-200 words)
then we had one where we choose one of 3 things (either a report on the benefits and disadvantages of part time work.. a letter to the director of a play or interviewing a croatian artist) and write 200-250 words for 15 marks (i wrote like 300 words and only filled up 2 pages.. they gave us 3 hmm)
yay its all over.. until next year when i do cro at uni lol

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
hey cro angel..... i dont know if you'll read this but i HOPE you do!
do you think its possible, im fluent in speaking/reading/writing/understanding in general in croatian, could i just do the prelim and hsc course in a year? how did u do it?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm i dont think its possible.. because when u accelerate you still do the full year but do it earlier
i know someone who did prelim croatian in year 12 then the hsc course after he finished school.. so yeh
ive been studying croatian since i was in year 8.. but many people just join at the beginning of year 11 and do it for the hsc
you should probably talk to your subject coordinator and see if they can pull some strings because to start saturday school you need to fill out the forms through your day school.. then figure out your options

BuBBleWrAp_

HSC
argh...

my goodness..all i can say is .i'm so dissapointed in that exam.. 1st of all ..i get put into a hall with 4 other language exams going (listening included) on at the same time... with..NO HEADPHONES!!! i was like WHAT? u try concentrating while ther's a girl 2m from u listening to hindi and on the other side u have arabic..:( nothing aginst those language.. i happen to b frenz with the ppl BUT very confusing.. argh! then the written exam was really gay too... i believe (without being coocky)..that i'm quite good at cro.. but that exam was just horrendous..seriously half the time i was thinking omg wat am i doing??? it's so bloody dissapointing..u go in to the exam thinking you'll ace it u kno..then u leave thinking that that is the worst thing u've done all year.. blah!
cro angel did u go to the 'formal' they did at punchbowl?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
nah i didnt go.. i had my grad on the same night but i probably wouldnt have gone anyway
the gala night we are having on the 20th at punchies is going to be more fun.. plavi are playing and they are always good
are u going to that? we have gift vouchers for all the year 12s but we dont think any besides the ones from parra are coming.. so yeh we are just going to give away leftover vouchers in the tombola
i thought the written exam was ok.. i would have been lost without my dictionaries though (esp that one about the drug taking people)
i stuffed up on one of the listening texts though.. the one about croatians in australia.. i had noo idea what they were on about so i just made it all up
what centre are u from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)