Critical Responses (1 Viewer)

Catey

Hey Guys,
I was just wondering is anyone else having massive troubles containing what they want to say into the word limit and did anyone else not know that the word limit included the reflection statement.....

What are you guys all doing for your critical response and are you worried about how it will be recieved by the markers. Sorry I need reassurance I am having a stress

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i'm not doing one but i know a girl at my school who is stressing out big time about it!!

i chose not to do the critical response PURELY for the word limit.. i felt like there was no way i could do any subject real justice within 6000 words.. scary! i would hate to work with that kind of restriction! i guess the key is to do a fairly specific topic??

have you checked out the critical responses in the young writers showcase? they are so amazingly sophisticated, but some of them are sort of casual in style? its cool.

what are you doing yours on? i know a few people doing existentialism-related ones

Catey

HEy,
Yeah I have checked out the school cases and I find them slightly boring to be totally honest and they just stressed me out more..

I am doing to kill A Mockingbird at its relivance to the Civil Rights Movement of the Sixites. .... What topic did yuo choose to do

chip

HSC
yeh i choose not to do the critical response cause i hate essays :p

Jinglebell

HSC
i'll probably have trouble getting up to the word limit...i have a fair bit to say, but i tend to be amazingly succinct (i even surprise myself sometimes: "what? that's it? i can't be finished!").

it's actually quite strange, considering i babble endlessly when talking...but meh.

anyways, most people say that you should just write without thinking about the limit (within reasion of course), and then cut it down...that way you get the best bits.

rhinoivory

anyways, most people say that you should just write without thinking about the limit (within reasion of course), and then cut it down...that way you get the best bits.
I don't know about you critical response people, but I'm certainly having trouble cutting down, not because my work is all good, but because I've gotten attached to the story as a whole!:confused:

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
I'm doing a critical response too and I'm having a lot of trouble with the word limit, there is so much I want to say, so huge chunks need to be omitted. I did know from the beginning that it was only about 4500 including the reflection statement. Back then I thought it'd be heaps of words and I'd have trouble getting that many.. boy was I wrong!!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I'd be careful about NOT reaching the limit. With such a small limit (6k is nothing, when you consider how much you write on the forums! ;)) you'd better have a good reason for not reaching it!

Jinglebell

HSC
ah, i'll get to the limit...see, i have this strategy where i write everything, then go back and add in wherever i can find something to waffle about a bit:) seems to work for every other essay i write, so that's my general plan. just keep slotting in stuff till we reach the magic 4.5K:)

which is what i really should be doing now...ah well, procrastination is my second master plan:p

phillipo

HSC
oh...people of the critical response world: the 6000 INCLUDES the 1000 word reflection statement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)