Critical Response 2008! (1 Viewer)

fluffycake

HSC
Hey guys, :wave:I'm so excited about Ext II this year! What ideas do people have so far for their crits?Also, what's a statement of reflection?Deb xox

HSC
Hey, I'm really excited too! My teacher has gone into overdrive and is printing off material left right and centre!
For my analysis i was thinking of looking at the portrayal of women in Victorian novels and then linking it to the representation of them in the context of the time also linked with the female authors and why they chose to write at the time. My main novel is going to be Tess of the D'urbervilles. if you have read it i am more then open for suggestions.
What are other people doing, i'm interested!:)

UAI Aim: 98.9 (fingers crossed)
HSC subjects: 4 unit English, Maths Advanced, 2 unit SOR, Legal Studies and Geography

Last edited:

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Yeah..I'm pumped for it :)
Well...i am critically analysing the anime genre!
^_^
yay...more time to watch anime and have a reasonable excuse for doing it lol jks
I'm serious about doing well though....

OH!! deb...reflection statement...i get marks for mine soon if i get a good mark i'll send you mine and you can model if not...lol sorry XP

konstantine'

HSC
fluffycake, a reflection statement is as the name suggestes, its a review by yourself of the processes you went through to compleye your major work. the syllabus will probably tell you more, but there are certain areas you have to target like research, links to other english modules, audience, purpose etc etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)