Criminal Justice Issues. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just wondering is the use of child soldiers (internationally) and the mandatory detention of children / restriction of freedom of assembly (in aus) an eligible issue?

jellybelly59

HSC
no... it's not criminal if the jurisdiction doesn't have legislation that identifies it as a crime. Child soldiers is more a human rights issue look at UNCROC and mandatory detention of children is the same. Restriction of freedom of assembly is not an eligible issue either but it's a breach to the United Nations Convenant on Civil and Political Rights which Australia signed.

PenguinOfDeath

HSC
yeah he's right i use child soldiers as my human rights issue... use something like plea bargaining

legendfunk

HSC
Have a look at the 2005 HSC, Q17, the structured essay. It specifically deals with juvenile justice. In particular, part (c) asks us to compare and contrast gender-specific problems faced by juveniles. Which means that we're basically screwed if we don't have a good background on juvenile justice.

My textbook specifically deals with juvenile justice as the criminal justice issues, but says nnothing gender-specific except for one sentence saying males constitute a higher amount of the prison population. My teacher has told us to pick our own criminal justice issue and research it in-depth. So in 2005, if it wasn't juvenile justice, we would have been stuffed.

What gender-specific points could you put in regarding juvenile justice, and do we need to know about <i>all</i> potential criminal justice issues to this level of depth just in case this happens?

HSC
^ AH SHIT.
my textbook has nothing on juvenile justice nor have we even looked at it in class.

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
I did mandatory sentencing, but I'm worried it's not relevant as much anymore?

kelllly

HSC
Have a look at the 2005 HSC, Q17, the structured essay. It specifically deals with juvenile justice. In particular, part (c)
Our teacher told us that the BOS ended up not counting it because of the complaints they received.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)