Crime Help please! (1 Viewer)

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
Hey i was just wondering if anyone here is planning on making a pre-prepared essay for the hsc questions on crime fiction this year..
If anybody is can you please help me out with what to include in it. I have the main points like:

what crime fiction is
how it developed and has expanded
why its popular
3 supplemenary texts and 3 HSC texts
film noir, femme fatale and the loner detective...

Is there anything else i should add and do you think quotes from crime fiction articles would gain better marks??

Thanx..

monique66

personally, i don't think writing a pre-prepared essay will work unless you are more flexible about it. You have to answer the question, so ur essay should be based around context and values and other key points on the syllabus. Any other points are used to aid you argument, they do not stand as answers to the question if you do not answer it. What i mean by this is that your focus in GENRE and not the texts, the texts are used to bring out the genre. For example..if the question is aimed at how context iluminates meaning then you talk about different text being effected by the milieu in which they were written and how the genre subsequently developed.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You really shouldn't use pre-prepared essays in Extension and expect to get good marks, the type of questions to be asked are more variable than in advanced. You would probably be better off making specific notes about conventions, values, context etc. from your texts that you could use in an essay than writing one now to regurgitate verbatim in an exam

tennille

HSC
It depends if you are good at manipulating the pre-prepared essay so that it relates back to the question. Some people can't do that and markers immediately spot that.

Just have an idea of what you are going to write about and stuff. For crime fiction, always mention the context, conventions, values and how the solving of the crime reflects those values, etc.

tennille

HSC
JUST DO IT!!!!! said:
hey guys im struggling at the mom with a ext eng ass and i was wondering fi you could point me in the right direction for the conventions of crime fiction-hard boiled-cosy-contemporary.....................PLEASE HELP
What texts are you doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)