• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

crime fiction question (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
hey i saw a similar post about this in the school forum i thin, but i would like to know

* what the people doing crime fiction think of it?
* and if you dont like crime fiction would u recommend doing it still? because i am thinking of doing ext eng as a 10th unit but i dont like crime!

thanks guys

Jennibeans

HSC
not every school does crime fiction as the elective module but i like crime it sounds better than some other options

malfrax

If you do start looking at good Australian texts, our school had a 4000 word essay on stuff like that. If you do I recommend Robert Barrett as the best crime fiction writer.
[CAUTION] Agatha Cristie is really really really really boring.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
When i was doing mine, I quite enjoyed it. (though the main reason for doing Ext 1 was to to Ext 2). At least I knew when the test came, I could still watch videos :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i know someone who didn't like crime and so didn't like ext. because of this is would not suggest doing it as a 10th unit, do it as a 12th.

i myself liked it after i got my head around what they wanted

classics_chic

HSC
I didn't like crime when I was in year 11, did it in year 12, and now can't get enough of it! (bit sad really but anyway...)

(when I say "crime" I mean crime fiction unless otherwise stated)

Last edited:

leikWHOA

I'm not a huge fan of crime fiction myself, but I don't find it terribly hard so it's okay. It's not really the genre I don't like - a lot of my related material I love! - it's that I found the set texts to be incredibly boring. I think it really depends a lot on you, what you like, etc..

And, like someone else said, not all schools do crime fiction - there are a lot of other electives within the course.

A

abdo

*girl04* said:
thinking of doing ext eng as a 10th unit but i dont like crime!
see it this way... it is not just about crime, but it is "crime fiction". no one likes crime, unless you are a criminimal.

you must watch humpreh bogards film big sleep, that is wonderful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)