Cricket?? really? (1 Viewer)

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Now that NRL and AFL are over for the moment and Australia got smashed by the Kiwis in the Rugby World Cup
...is anyone really so desperate for sport that they'd get excited over Cricket?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I love cricket :\

What's so bad about it? Seems to be a sport just like any other sport.

matthewhearne

HSC
Cricket is the greatest sport on earth! anyone can run and catch a ball but not many people can face a hard ball travelling at over 140km/h and be able to hit it in the place they choose. That is skill!

_deloso

HSC
cricket's a hectik sport.. Especially 20/20 and day nighters. But I don't mind test matches as well. Just glued on the couch for the whole day esp. When hsc is over! Best feeling aye. I love sports though.. I can pretty much watch most of the sports on tv

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry, cricket hardly offers an alternative. Australia are going to get demolished in South Africa and when India tours in summer, we'll get owned. Our bowling is inconsistent atm and our batsmen aren't really in the best form!

Plus, we dropped our best batsman...Simon Katich. We deserve to get owned.

Btw - +1 to Matthew. Cricket requires skill like no other. I would argue a 5 day test match is the pinnacle of sport. Think about it, the concentration needed is tremendous, hour by hour facing balls at 140+km/h with swing, seam, deviation, in all types of conditions. Unlike rugby, AFL and NRL, cricket requires intellectual rigor and when you appreciate this you can truly enjoy the greatest sport in the world.

matthewhearne

HSC
Cricket requires skill like no other. I would argue a 5 day test match is the pinnacle of sport. Think about it, the concentration needed is tremendous, hour by hour facing balls at 140+km/h with swing, seam, deviation, in all types of conditions. Unlike rugby, AFL and NRL, cricket requires intellectual rigor and when you appreciate this you can truly enjoy the greatest sport in the world.

^This

mirakon

nigga
HSC
more fun to play than watch imo

also only really watch one day and 20/20 matches. Never Test

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
more fun to play than watch imo

also only really watch one day and 20/20 matches. Never Test
^ This.

I don't hate cricket. I just find test matches extremely boring.
20/20 and 1 dayers are pretty fun, and yeah playing it is always good.

matthewhearne

HSC
^ This.

I don't hate cricket. I just find test matches extremely boring.
20/20 and 1 dayers are pretty fun, and yeah playing it is always good.
I could think of nothing better than sitting down on the couch for five days doing nothing but watching the cricket. In fact the five days after christmas i.e. the boxing day test match could be the best 5 days of the year - even better than christmas day :O

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
4/16 off 5, destroyed them

In other news, Pakistan closing in on Sri Lanka lol
More interested in the RSA vs AUS match though, itching to see Pat Cummins play

michaeljennings

HSC
4/16 off 5, destroyed them

In other news, Pakistan closing in on Sri Lanka lol
More interested in the RSA vs AUS match though, itching to see Pat Cummins play
+1 doing 3u papers until the game starts, I wanna see Pat Cummins destroy SA with his pace. Hopefully he can stay injury free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)