Cricket Bowling Machines (1 Viewer)

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Where do you guys go for net practice with tha machine?
Im going to go a couple of times a month just to stay in touch in the off season but so far the closest one to me is Kingsgrove that i know about and thats a 30min drive from where i live.
Anyone know any places with bowling machines near Parramatta/Greystanes/Wentworthville area or close to that and their prices?
Could ya possibly post the numbers?

aj_number_10

HSC
theres one at castle hill
dont know if thats too far
i use the one at gladesville. other good ones at scg and hornsby.

there literally, everywhere, if u looked up indoor sports centres in the yellow pages ud find heaps, and most have them

Skeeta

HSC
If you're part of a grade club, they should have bowling machines that you would be able to use in the off season.

Otherwise, I was under the impression that indoor centres had bowling machines. I would try some in the area. I know there an indoor place in Girraween, but i dont know if they have nets/cricket stuff.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Yeah girraween has indoor cricket but i cant ever seem to get ahold of them whenever i call..i literally called 3 times in one day and the phone just kept on ringing.
Do you have the phone number for the castle hill one mate?
And i play for greystanes, ill hve to ask them if they have one

aj_number_10

HSC
tehsky said:
Do you have the phone number for the castle hill one mate?

And i play for greystanes, ill hve to ask them if they have one
1) I will get the number for u later, my mate is a coach up there ill ask him.

2) If your playing for greystanes they wouldnt have a bowling machine. Youd only find clubs who play in the sydney wide competitions have them.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
ahh right cheers. by the way the castle hill one is all round sports yeh?
i tried to google it and everything i could find no numbers or anything :S wieeeeerd
appreciate it you gettin tha number for me.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah sorry mate, by club.. I meant Grade clubs.

bos1234

HSC
bowling machines stuff up ur technique

u should get throw downs from a friend or get some1 to bowl to you

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
indeed. it should help actually. :)

its slack coz, i get my friend to throw me down, and i smack it back and it hit his face. :(

kingsgrove is the closest to me. which is cool. :D

bos1234

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
i try to get out to kingsgrove for a session each week, but my mate that i go with's in the states at the moment so havent been in a couple

compltely disagree that it 'stuffs up your technique' - mine's tightened up heaps, and i could see the improvement when im playing. the bad thing about them though is you tend to premeditate your shots a tiny bit cause you know roughly what's going to happen and what speedd its gonna come out, same angle etc.....whereas you dont really with a bowler

but for practicing your shots/defence they're great and have helped me a lot personally

but yes throwdowsn and facing bowling is better practice for matches.....whilst the machines are better for practice of your shots, if that makes sense, so that if a bowler bowls you a ball in an area you've been practicing in a machine, you'll be a lot more confident and skillful in the shot you play. so they both help

the thing i cant stand about indoor centres is they're always like sauna's, so sticky

and aj, i dont know of any bowling machines at caslte hill or hornsby?
dont listen to this backyard cricketer. listen to a professional

your backlift gets wrecked because you have no time to react with bowling machine

and also you get overconfident batting with bowling machine because its easy to middle the ball

you want watch the ball coming out of the bowlers hand. Instead you will start reacting when the ball is in the air

the ball doesnt swing in the air.

and its very dangerous, its too dark inside the centre

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Oh really? Well i just want to goto get my shots right since my cover drive is appalling at the moment and first season at seniors hasn't helped either with diff. types of bowlers being introduced and i need help getting my eye in with the quicker ones since im tending to play on my back foot at the moment to every ball since it comes towards quicker and shorter so my front foot isn't that confident with it.

As for the throwdowns with friends, most of my mates are busy or working on Sundays and weekdays its hard since straight after school, its hard due to yr 12 you gotta be on top of the work so yeh plus players from my club are like 19+ and are mainly working or in uni most of the time, i got training on fridays and on the odd occasion when my mates actually do play there pretty shoddy since they dont play in a club and just play socially. thats mainly the reason i wanted to goto bowling machines :eek:

btw what grades+clubs u guys play?
this is my first year at seniors at greystanes - B12's
i aint guna get graded this year since i was still fitting in, managed only a few runs so far =\ but couple of games left + finals so lets hope i can manage a few fiftys in that time eh?

Last edited:

bos1234

HSC
i had that same problem. It means your scared of the ball . (scaredy cat)

Just take a golf ball and a stump

go to a brick wall
stand reasonably close to the brick wall

throw the golf ball and try to get on the front foot and block it

at first you'll keep missing then u'll get the hang of it

dont use any pads

---------------
dont use bowling machine because when ur in the game u'll b looking to come forward

when ur batting u shouldnt be thinking of anything

bos1234

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
where does it swing then? on the ground?

you're a fucking spastic
dont just quote me on that section you idiiot

the balling maching ball doesnt swing in the air you dope...

of course a cricket ball swings in the air

and it cuts off the ground

bos1234

HSC
hmm k i never knew that..

but how exactly can u speed up 1 side of da ball?

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
bos1234 said:
i had that same problem. It means your scared of the ball . (scaredy cat)

Just take a golf ball and a stump

go to a brick wall
stand reasonably close to the brick wall

throw the golf ball and try to get on the front foot and block it

at first you'll keep missing then u'll get the hang of it

dont use any pads

---------------
dont use bowling machine because when ur in the game u'll b looking to come forward

when ur batting u shouldnt be thinking of anything
lol course im scared, what do u expect? :p under 16s n all bowl at MAX 100ks prolly and i got guys over here going upto the 130s i reckon :S shieeeeeet.
i got a bowler in my team, fucking dipshit bowls short and quick - and he gets to about 130+ at times i reckon with the new ball :S not used to it =\ but eh gettinng there, got a few outta the middle from him a couple of trainin sessions ago, pulled em for six and a couple of fours ^^

the bradman way eh? and im not really scared of a golf ball :p ill try it but that psychological understanding with the size of the ball n shit isnt really gona make me get scared but il try it

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
:S i dun think i know how fast 130 is then :S i heard a couple of the guys saying he can easily get 120 so i figured if he can easily getr 120 then he shud be able to get 130 no sweat? lol
my mate went to the bowling machines in kingsgrove n he said 167 or w/e the top speed was, was like no reaction time for him; machine bowls and he moves bat and then BANG hits the back net so yeh is it like that?
if not then how fast exactly is 130? i know its hard to describe since u cant predict anything but yeh..:S jeez im confused now ;o

aj_number_10

HSC
lol mate 130 is very quick
mate 115 is sharp

an average park bowler would be about 80-100

Im not a huge fan of bowling machines. You do premeditate alot cause you know its coming, its impossible not too. it can help you master a good technique, but then you have to figure out how to apply that against real bowlers. harder than it sounds

If your new to the game, its a great invention, helps with bat and ball and how to play shots. but i dont think its as good as lot of people say later on.

bos1234

HSC
130 is very sharp

i face a nsw under 17 bowler and he bowls at about 115
maybe 120-125 at his peak

and his opening bowler for 2nd grade

i dont think B12's will get that fast

maybe 110 is quickest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)