Credit q UOW --> UNSW 2nd yr (1 Viewer)

Daedalus

Advanced Standing q 1st yr --> UNSW 2nd yr. UOW ppl who transferred please read

hi
my q is mainly directed to ppl who transfered from UOW to UNSW cause they would know, but pls feel free to comment in general :)

im a 1st yr stud at UOW (Mechatronics/Commerce) and want to transfer to unsw next year. i just have a q about credit, which the engineering faculty is having problems answering (i rang the commerce faculty and they just looked in their database and gave me answer straight away)

This sess i did:
CSCI1114 Procedural Programming
ENGG154 Engineering Design and Innovation
MATH187 Mathematics 1A Part 1

How much credit would I get towards the UNSW Mechatronics degree with the above subjects?

Also, I would like some advice on the subjects to do next session as to maximise my credit towards the UNSW course. I plan to do the following subjects next session:

ECTE101 Electrical Engineering 1
MATH188 Mathematics 1A Part 2
PHYS142 Fundamentals of Physics B
ENGG152 Engineering Mechanics

How much credit will I get for these subjects?

Questions about ENG/Comm at UNSW
1. Do i still have to do core commerce?
2. How hard is it to get in since u cant go straight in, i must transfer into Eng and then apply

also, would it b hard for me to transfer next year? i got 99.25 uai and expect distinctions for my uni subs

thanks, any replies would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

addz

HSC
umm..you havent done any of the core commerce subjects
that being
microeco
macroeco
accounting 1a (intro course)
accounting 1b (intro course)
qma/b (but i think your maths should make up for this)

so figure you'd still need to do the top 4...
i'm not sure about engineering..so yea sorry

Daedalus

i rang up, they said engineer/comm stu dont have to do the quantitative math subs

shArkEe

hey im year 12 this year and i was asking unsw about the BE(mechanical)/BCom degree and they said basically you needa do first year of engineering and if you get a credit average and high enough uai they'll transfer you to commerce, so if you got the 99.9 something uai you should probly get into the BE/BCom degree you want

aditya

HSC
y did u goto wollongong with a uai that high anyway :S do u live there or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)