Credit Points ? (1 Viewer)

mikey1

HSC
N/A
If one subject has a higher credit point then another, I see some units having 10 credit points and some 6, does this mean the one with 10 credit points is usuallly more highly regarded in terms of transferring etc and probably has more work in it ?

I am currently doing 40 credit points. is this too much or ?

betterthanyou

HSC
N/A
I'm under the impression that credit points are simply an indicator as to the expected workload. Someone correct me if I am mistaken. Most courses are worth 6cp, though I've seen 3cp and 8cp courses. I'm not too sure whether more credit points equates to high regard for transfer purposes.

40cp for two semesters seems a bit light. The average amount is 48cp, so 24cp per semester. Just check your degree requirements to see how many credit points you need to have completed at the very least. Consult someone from your department because you don't want to stuff up now and have to overload on credit points later to make up for it.

spence

HSC
If one subject has a higher credit point then another, I see some units having 10 credit points and some 6, does this mean the one with 10 credit points is usuallly more highly regarded in terms of transferring etc and probably has more work in it ?

I am currently doing 40 credit points. is this too much or ?
It differs based on what uni you go to. I think most unis have 6 cp for most subjects, I think mac's are 3 or 4 each, and i think UWS has 10 cp subjects. If, within a uni, subjects have different numbers of credit points, it should indicate a different workload

mikey1

HSC
N/A
No, I have 40 per semester..

each of my subjects are 10 units .. but when i looked at a different uni it was 6 credit points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)