credit card (1 Viewer)

sladehk

le random
HSC
do you NEED full time job to get a credit card or are there other ways around if you want a indepenedent one, it doesn't have to have a high draft?

woodwardbrett

HSC
You don't have to be full time. you just have to meet the minimum income that the credit lender is willing to accept. Just make sure you pick a good card with low interest and no fees etc...nut it all out and see what best suits you. Remember:

NOTHING IS FREE!! Not even a holiday :p

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Yeah, you just need to provide your last 2 payslips that prove you earn over x amount (it's usually $15,000p.a)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I only needed a credit card to pay for some of my bills (which only accepts credit card).

So, no hassle it's only got a $200 credit limit as I didn't ask for more. I'd say you can even get that by showing them you're on youth allowance.

Alexil

HSC
I have the Westpac Debit Mastercard. You can use it like a credit card, but it only uses the money that is in your account.

Credit card limits scare me. I don't want one because I'll be tempted to just go and spend without having the money.

Zozo6969

HSC
I too would advise u to get a debit card. ANZ and St George have VISA debit and Westpac and Citibank use mastercard. Uses ur own money, no fees or interest, and u can use it anywhere that accepts mastercard or visa, use it like a credit card but u r using ur own money.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
lots of places use visa debits...not sure about mc debits since they're relatively new

i just moved to suncorp. after 6mths you can get a visa debit
my old bank has just started charging a monthly fee on their visa debits, though i'm pretty sure most places dont charge (this was a fairly small building society)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)