• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

credit average (1 Viewer)

peteski01

Enlarged Member
HSC
N/A
For anyone who did physics in year 1 (regular level) do you know how well i have to go in the exams to pass? im in a similar dilemma to jdkdragon, went alright in all the other assessments.. but really really worried about the exam.. please help :(
i got around 80% for pracs and assignmetns together.. but really worriedabout the exam..

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Oh, how can you apply for that? I have a feeling I might not pass MATH1902 this semester.
I am quite sure that you can't actually apply for a Conceded Pass, they are just issued:).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cakes
i have a question... i think its a stupid one, but i just want to make sure.

my friend told me that when you apply for a transfer in first year, your 1st semester grades don't count, and only 2nd semester grades do because they use your UAI or something?? surely this isnt true? :confused:
from what i thought (quite possibly wrong), they averaged all your uni marks (ie, first and second semester) and your UAI...so like say overall in your two semesters at uni you had an average of 80, they would use that in conjunction with your UAI...although dont take my word for it, thats just what i presumed.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
USyd Faculty of Science is definitely NOT giving any conceded passes this year. They have been phased out.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
USyd Faculty of Science is definitely NOT giving any conceded passes this year. They have been phased out.
Don't break my heart CM_Tutor :(

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Don't break my heart CM_Tutor :(
Sorry, but there has been some discussion around the faculty (within the schools that used them last year and before) about what to do about borderline cases. For example, suppose someone fails the exam, but because of other assessments ends up with 49 %. Previously, a PC was the simple answer - now it's more of a problem. Should they be pushed to a pass? If so, where should the line be drawn?

In any case, the grade is gone - they are not to be given at all within FacSci, and this decision was made up at the PVC(CST) level, I understand, so it won't be changed.

As I said, sorry...

MuSaRuRWa

my friend told me that when you apply for a transfer in first year, your 1st semester grades don't count, and only 2nd semester grades do because they use your UAI or something?? surely this isnt true? :confused:
that isnt true. ur average of 1st and 2nd semester constitutes of 50% of the mark they used, and the uai is the other 50%.

Winston

HSC

Mid-year transfers, based solely on UAI, because your marks won't be quick enough.

MuSaRuRWa

Originally posted by Winston
Mid-year transfers, based solely on UAI, because your marks won't be quick enough.
but mid yr transfers are usually within the uni and most likely within the same faculty, like from comp engg to soft engg etc.
all other transfers are thru UAC, and thats never a mid yr ...

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by MuSaRuRWa
but mid yr transfers are usually within the uni and most likely within the same faculty, like from comp engg to soft engg etc.
all other transfers are thru UAC, and thats never a mid yr ...
You're wrong. There's mid-year transfers to other unis, and that's accounting your UAI only and yes through UAC. Entry has closed, i know quite a few people who's doing a mid-year transfer to a different uni.

craz

HSC
yes thats right! u can switch unis or whatever as long as you're mark is ok to switch...not uai that doesnt count anymore its your uni marks!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
To clarify, your UAI is given equal weighting to your GPA as recorded at the closing date for applications. This means that if you're in first semester of first year, you won't have a GPA in time since the results of your subjects won't be released in time for you to submit them with your application. Thus, the UAI is all that's considered. Anything after first semester of first year they take both into account.

Yes there is a mid-year intake, yes you can go to other faculties and other universities, and yes it is through UAC. However, the intake and scope of courses is much smaller than the main end of year cycle.

craz

HSC
However, if it is within the same uni...it is not considered. it is different from any state. i dont really know about nsw as i don't need to know.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
craz said:
However, if it is within the same uni...it is not considered. it is different from any state. i dont really know about nsw as i don't need to know.
Thanks for being clear there. :rolleyes:

Do you mean if you are transferring between courses within the same university, then the UAI is not considered? If so then it all depends on your university - there are no hard and fast rules across the differing institutions (except those governed by law of course, like no prerequisites for entry into NSW courses).

craz

HSC
As I see it if you move after your first year within the same year your UAI is not taken into consideration (not in Victoria anyways) Like if you have a credit or distinction average that maybe enough to move courses....However, when you're moving within your first year your ENTER score (I've come to know my UAI as the ENTER) is taken into consideration as your uni already has that score as well as your uni marks.

craz

HSC
University of Ballarat. AND before anyone says that the uni is crap. True - you can get it with fairly low scores, but the people are great and the experience is unreal for someone who has come from large school type backgrounds. yea i just got my marks back on a credit average - great news!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ah ok. :)

I saw that you attended the Australian International School of Hong Kong (at least, I think that's where you went).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)