Creative Zen Touch (1 Viewer)

benno22

HSC
N/A
my bro has one, ipod shits over it, the zen is fucking way too chunky and has fuck all features, only good thing its battery shits all over ipods

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
From what I've seen the zen has more features than ipod eg FM radio.

Trev

stix
HSC
the new ipod photo has better battery life - 12 hrs i think (as oppose to 8 hrs in old ipod), how many hrs is the zen one?
and also why would you want a radio on an mp3 player that holds so much - the purpose of such a device is to prevent listening to shit like that anymore!

dave_119

Banned
HSC
i hav one its awesome.... 2500 songs, 12 hr battery life, the radio is an added bonus but i dnt listen to it... its great.. own software, really easy 2 use

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Trev said:
how many hrs is the zen one?
and also why would you want a radio on an mp3 player that holds so much - the purpose of such a device is to prevent listening to shit like that anymore!
Claimed 24 hours, will be shorter in reality but still longer than iPod.

Sometimes you want the random unpredictability of radio and the inability to control what you listen.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The ones i've seen arnt chunky - similar dimensions to ipod - just the edges arnt as curved as they have extra buttons.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I can't make a judgement about the battery life, but the hard drive doesn't strike me as appealing. Creative were excellent in their Flash based players (Nomad series), and I still have my old Nomad II, and that's lasted years perfectly.

However when Creative moved to using Hard Drive based storage, they seemed to run into a lot of problems, see:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=c...1&fb=0+creative+zen+hard+drive+problems&hl=en

As well as: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=c...ws.htm+creative+zen+hard+drive+problems&hl=en

Which isn't what you're looking for, but illustrates my point.

Search google if you want to read more, but I don't recommend any Creative products that use hard drive based storage.

equiski

HSC
My friend has one, and i used it for a week or so. It is better value for money than the ipod, though they are both awesome machines. The Zen touch has more features than the ipod and a better battery life, while the ipod has the whole image going with it. Its up to you, both players will serve you well. I'd personally buy a Zen touch over an Ipod anyday, though.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Trev said:
the new ipod photo has better battery life - 12 hrs i think (as oppose to 8 hrs in old ipod), how many hrs is the zen one?
radio can listen to use songs dude, thats where i know new cool songs!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
dave_119 said:
i have the zen touch micro so its compact, and awesome
its 100 bucks more than teh ipod mini......... good features though...... ability to record radio is nice...... can u upload it back 2 the PC after u've recorded something?

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
lol if your serious about the creatives, buy a nomad zen xtra. I have one and love it. Also i got a 60gb one for only $36 more than the 20gb ipod. ^_^
so far have had no problems with it and i live with it constantly. the battery life is good, i havent used any other mp3 players to compare it to really.
http://www.nomadworld.com/products/Jukebox_ZenXtra/

it comes with a great case too, though i wouldn't mind a clear front screen on the case but thats the only improvement i could think of needing.

equiski

HSC
Its rather intuitive actually. But what would I know, if BreaKing says it looks teh ghey, it must be teh ghey, rite?

Thanks for your input, as always. :p

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
equiski said:
Its rather intuitive actually. But what would I know, if BreaKing says it looks teh ghey, it must be teh ghey, rite?

Thanks for your input, as always. :p
o·pin·ion (-pnyn)
n.
A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

equiski

HSC
BreaKing said:
o·pin·ion (-pnyn)
n.
A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.
Oh ok, thanks for your o·pin·ion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)