Creative Writing? (1 Viewer)

marty mcfly

HSC
Hey guys,

I've finished my creative writing a couple of days ago. I'm finally happy with it (after changing concepts about 5 times and writing a dozen drafts), but the problem is that it's only 755 words. I don't think that I can make it much longer without adding irrelevant stuff that will make it worse. So basically, what do you think the max marks I could achieve with a story this long would be?

Note: depending on the stimulus I may have to add about 100 words or so, so I'm hoping it will end up more like 850 words.

Danstar2

HSC
Hey guys,

I've finished my creative writing a couple of days ago. I'm finally happy with it (after changing concepts about 5 times and writing a dozen drafts), but the problem is that it's only 755 words. I don't think that I can make it much longer without adding irrelevant stuff that will make it worse. So basically, what do you think the max marks I could achieve with a story this long would be?

Note: depending on the stimulus I may have to add about 100 words or so, so I'm hoping it will end up more like 850 words.
It's not the length of the creative writing that gets the mark, it's the quality of the story. 3 pages minimum.

marty mcfly

HSC
Great, thanks :) my teacher said it should be 800 words minimum, so I was starting to get a bit worried

Kieran95

HSC
Mine is about 750 words, still managed to get 15/15 for trials. Maybe it was marked easier than the HSC, although i definitely think its quality>quantity for the creative.

Alkanes

HSC
Yea it's fine because in the actual exam you'll have to "BS" a bit more to fit the stimulus/question anyway.

mrh94

HSC
What's the possibility that they make us write it in a different format? because them I'm well---screwed.
I can't mould by short story so I'll have to make it on the spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)