creative writing (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
my english teacher always says that my stories are no good but i cant hel[p it because I just write about stuff I like like transformers and killing decepitcons and that but she says that my ideas arent orginal enough can you guys give me any tips on what I can do to improve my marks?

cs01001

HSC
Read more classics is your answer. Old teachers aren't really into this whole killing/robots/technology/futuristic stuff... keep it simple

summermagic

HSC
cs01001 said:
Read more classics is your answer. Old teachers aren't really into this whole killing/robots/technology/futuristic stuff... keep it simple
That's not true. It would be the way that the person approaches the topic. Well, if you're looking for original and you want to keep the genre as sci-fi, try and focus on the themes of the story. Try and revolve your character's around themes in a way that is fresh and original. The events that happen in the story is what makes it an original story. It wouldn't matter what genre you did, unless you did love of course (NEVER DO LOVE), you can still be original.

So in sci-fi, things you should avoid are (I did this topic in year 9): girl meets boy storyline, robots that are sent from the future to protect someone, the main character trying to stop robots taking over the world. So try to do something with your characters. Try having an unusual character, like one that you wouldn't normally see in a sci-fi story.

Zephyrio

HSC
You're into sci-fi? I think that's one of the hardest genres to write because it's not to everyone's taste (though no genre is...) and it's hard to have a plausible storyline happening without the story itself being a total load of robot-killing dross.

The best sci-fi tends to be thought-provoking, and by that I don't mean "What would robot innards look like?" A lot of good sci-fi makes us think - and generally they cover very topical issues, like global warming. If you wrote about the Earth in 50 years and described it as a stark, desolate wasteland unable to sustain life (please read Z for Zachariah. This is good sci-fi). Teachers are out there and when you do write about things which move them, or make them think, they are less likely to pick up their red pens and more likely just sit down and read.

cs01001

HSC
Its just hard to establish a well written story without involving stuff like robots for stuff liek sci fi...

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I've written Girl meets Boy stories and achieved good marks. It's called style...

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
For creative writing particularly in the SC they will give you the first two lines to start you off for what to write about in your creative writing piece. The main things that a marker will look for is the structure, spelling, grammar, punctuation etc. As long as you use the two or one line that they give you it doesn't matter what you write about as long as it relates in some way to the information that they have provided you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)