Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

sxc_elle

HSC
Hey Everyone

just wondering if most ppl are preparing a generic story before the exam and then just adapting it to the question. I have one i've written. Thinking about memorising but not sure if its worth it incase it backfires in the exam? Anyways let me know what ur doing or any thoughts..
Elle

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
I've got an idea, and was planning to write it out beforehand and memorise.

But now, I really couldn't be bothered, i'm better off learning stuff for the modules better than wasting my time on a creative writing which i could fudge in an exam.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Yep. Mine's memorised, delicious, and ready to go...

T

Testpilot

Do you think the markers would like a nice bit of literotica?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Literotica hahahahhaha...

You could have two people having sex on a train (i.e. physical journey). Knowing the English staff at my school, they'd love it and think it was hilarious.

T

Testpilot

dagwoman said:
Literotica hahahahhaha...

You could have two people having sex on a train (i.e. physical journey). Knowing the English staff at my school, they'd love it and think it was hilarious.
At my school the English staff love death...maybe i could combine the two...

Dr_Doom

HSC
You shoudn't waste your time memorizing something like this. The question could be something completely different to what you have prepared. It's best just to have a vague idea of a story you will write and then make it up in the exam.

Last edited:

sja

dingleberry
HSC
i know mine word for word

i can write it out in 30-32 minutes in an exam (even after manipulating the image stimulus they give you and incorporating it into my story)

w1nner!!!

B35tY

HSC
What if they ask you to write a speech? Or a journal?

Don't assume it'll be an easy image like last year. Chances are that last year they gave a stimulus, so this year they'll specify text type.

it's all well and good to have something prepared, but don't fall into a trap.

sxc_elle

HSC
modules...yeh im already screwed for that..but thats a whole different story...
as far as creative goes...im hoping for a story, speech, letters, or journal..if i get a feature article i think il cry...i asked my teacher about it..and she said when she's marked previous ones its really evident which students have memorised, and have like completely missed the point of the question..thats the only thing thats worrying me..

"Chubby"

HSC
my english tutor heard from a source ( a HSC marker i think she said) that this yr's paper there's going to be a lil twist so it will make it harder for the ppl who memorised a story to answer it or something along the lines of that.....

Dr_Doom

HSC
Chubby said:
my english tutor heard from a source ( a HSC marker i think she said) that this yr's paper there's going to be a lil twist so it will make it harder for the ppl who memorised a story to answer it or something along the lines of that.....
There's only so far they can go with a 'twist'. Different text types or unusual stimulus material pretty much rounds it up..

Charli-lou

HSC
ok..ok.. question...do u recon tht it is better to write in first or second person...im alot better writting in second...also, u dont think it could be a radio script do u, i mean wat the heck, i hardly even listen to the radio-is it possible????
i think tht once i think of an uncliche storyline ill just know the basic plot and remember the good stuff

sxc_elle

HSC
2nd person i harder to maintain but if you can do it then why not..theres no set way you have to write..im going with 1st person..its easier to adapt with different forms and that way i wont get confused..i had to do an english assessment during the year that required us to write in the form of a tv talk show..like an andrew denton style..but that was for critical study in adv...i doubt aos will be like that

oh and as far as the twist thing...every1 has their speculations so its really nothing to go on i don't think

rizamae

HSC
:wave:

im sorry, just a quick question... is it always a story for the creative writing section??

Loz_metalhead

HSC
rizamae said:
:wave:

im sorry, just a quick question... is it always a story for the creative writing section??
No. The last two years it has been.

Lizcat

HSC
Chubby said:

a twist.. haha... what if its a comic strip!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)