Creative writing- this could affect YOU (1 Viewer)

stanli

HSC
Dear wise ones out there..
i go to a school renown for its crappy english department.
i have a wuestion about creative writting

i'v been to a few classes and asked around
i'v been told..like..
in creative writting...u basicly just wriute a story..like "just a story" and some how subty connote a journey...
like u know what i mean..
does anyone have the same problem..
like u dont quite know how to "connote" a journey..
thanx ..

HSC
I got 73 in Adv. English, so I'm not the best to comment but watever...

Something that connotes a journey....well something that depicts a process, change, growth, something like that will suffice

A simple idea (yes yes cliches if you will) would be like the thrill of say flying or a rollercoaster ride, where you can use heapsa metaphors and similes...or you could delve into the psyche of another person (such as your friend) and see what they see and how that changes your general thinking...

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Almost any story that you write is going to include a journey of some sort - whether physical, inner, imaginative or a mixture. So don't worry it's not all that hard to come up with something :)

Journeys lead to a change or growth in self, so it is a good thing if you are able to demonstrate this successfuly through the character(s) in your story - something is learnt. So basically you just need to make sure that your story contains elements of the process of journeys - reasons/motivation/cause behind the journey, obstacles overcome and the change/personal growth undergone as a result. That along with all the language techniques, structure... etc is what's going to get you the marks.

Take a look in the English resources on here, you might get an idea for something you could write about, or ask previous year 12's for examples of the stories they used. Have a few prepared stories/ideas up your sleeve so that you're ready for anything in an exam, that's what I did.

I'm not quite sure if I answered your question but good luck anyway! :eek:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)